Down...down...in a atlantis submarine

Hi Folks, we are leaving this sunday for the southern caribbean route on AOS, and would like to try the Atlantis Submarine tour with our 2 boys. If you have taken the tour, can you give me your thoughts? Good, bad, boring, fun? :confused: Thanks!

I took the Atlantis submarine tour in St. Thomas. Found it to be very good. The time passes very quickly as you watch/take pictures of the sharks, rays, seaturtles, and fish.

If you go, try to get on first so you can sit up front. They have big windows up front so the captain can see out. You get more views this way.

Hope you enjoy.

Ed

We also did this tour in Cozumel. I would recommend trying to get a time that is around noon or early afternoon when the sun is the brightest. When we went we were unable to dock due to wind and by the time that they arrainged tenders we missed our tour time. They rescheduled us for late afternoon. We stilled enjoyed ourselves but I think we missed some of it with the fading light.

We did the Atlantis sub tour with our kids (9 & 5 at the time) in St Thomas a few years ago and really enjoyed the tour. It's a no-kidding real submarine, not one of those boats that only have windows beneath the surface of the water. You do have to take a 20 minute boat ride out to the submarine and my son and wife were queasy due to the waves and a bumpy reide. You won't feel any wave action on the submarine, once you go under water.

Hint: I'm not sure if they've changed procedures, but when we went we were the last one's off the boat/tender that takes you to the sub. Since we were the last one's to board the sub we were up front by the pilot/captain and had a great view out the front bubble, in addition to our side windows.

Archived