First-time NCL Review / Debarkation debacle / Random comments, Dream 1/6 - 1/13/07

sardonicus

Has anyone else experienced this excess movement on the Dream??? We are considering the transatlantic on the Dream and would not like to rock and roll all the way across the Atlantic!!!
Let's see...I've done two transatlantic trips, one Baltic trip, and one South American trip on the Dream for a total of 55 days onboard the Dream. I didn't find the Dream unstable at all. Sure, during one day during the Baltics cruise and one day and night of the SA cruise there was some serious pitching and rocking but considering where we were, I half expected at least some movement. If you're prone to motion sickness or especially sensitive to movement, I'd stay away from ANY transatlantic because you can't guarantee a smooth ride on any ship. But I wouldn't stay away from the Dream because of it. :)

The point is, should I not travel at all? I get motion sick in a moving car, moving train, moving airplane, etc. Because of this, I should just stay home and never enjoy a trip when I can do so easily with medication? Is that what you think?
I think it's easier to stop a moving car or get off a train at the next stop or take a short plane trip. Taking a cruise is probably the worst option for a vacation for someone prone to severe motion sickness. But if medication works for you then you should vacation any way you want. :)

Archived