Spirit Raffles Buffet questions

maja

Hi, just back from the Spirit. I don't remember seeing a special coffee pot for Expresso- if it was there, I would have used it frequently- maybe I just missed it? I also don't remember any "formal" afternoon tea, but Raffles does serve "light tea" in the late afternoon. Small sandwiches (egg salad was good) with small scones, a bowl of whipped cream and a bowl of jelly. Teas were by Lipton, an assortment of flavors. Very few green teas, if any. There are several coffee/tea stations- if you don't see the flavor you want at one area, try another. Also- coffee drinkers be aware that on each side of Raffles, one coffee station is only decaf (from both spigots) and the other is high-test (again, from both spigots). All coffee stations have a spigot for hot water. Also, milk dispensers vary- some do whole milk and skim milk, others do half & half and whole milk.

And since you mentioned Raffles, I'll add my warning about the orange juice- it's not really orange juice (as in juice squeezed from an orange, maybe even reconstituted with water, etc.) They serve orange cocktail, a high fructose sugar blended drink with dye and orange flavoring. If you have any "sugar" issues- watch out!

And in the dining rooms- expresso and cappuchino (spelling?) are available at no charge after dinner. Served promptly and hot- so they must have a machine nearby.

You'll have a wonderful cruise- the Spirit is a great ship! Lynn

Archived