Cruise Critic tags, signs, etc...

Snowrose

I've noticed with interest the various posts talking about CC tags on bags, signs on doors, etc. This has fascinated me and may make for a good discussion - I hope. :)

Could we discuss the positives and negatives of letting the crew know that you're with CC? I mean, meeting with your fellow CC cruise members is one thing, not as likely to skew how you're treated. But the other changes like signs and tags do seem to have the potential of changing how you're treated. Now, is this a good thing or a bad thing?

On the positive side, if you're treated better you're happier. But then again if you're treated better you aren't really giving a real-world view of the cruise when you come back and give a review, are you.

BTW, the reason I started this discussion is because I'm also debating whether to use these CC items on my bags or room, so I was wondering what everyone else had thought of about using them.

Teri

I bought and used CC luggage tags on our bags. I proudly displayed them! I feel from talking with the officers at our CC get together that NCL KNOWS who CC is and respects us! If it helps me get some special treatment then GREAT! BUT......I wore my CC tee shirt one morning to breakfast and got lots of stares from fellow passengers! Honestly, I didn't realize that "CRUISE CRITIC MEMBER" was printed so large on the back of the shirt. I felt like I was a walking billboard and was a little uncomfortable! I went back to the room after breakfast and changed!:)

Steve

Archived