Handicapped cabins on the Summit

selltile

HI, We had an inside handicapped cabin #3021 on Summit and was very comfortable for my husband who is handicapped. The room was large and the bathroom was large, easy access for wheel chair, roll in shower, with grab bars and folding seat. the toilet also had handrails. Hope this helps. Sorry no pictures.

Hi,

My parents and I just returned from the Summit on 1/6/07. My parents had cabin 7137 which was a handicapped room. My mom had a scooter and not a wheelchair. There were grab bars in the bathroom as well as a cord to pull in case of an emergency (I'm not sure who it alerts)..there was also a shower bench in the shower and yes, it was a roll in bathroom. Oh, my dad's favorite feature was the telephone in the bathroom. He always seemed to answer that extension whenever I rang their room. :D:D I hope this helps a little bit.

We've had 8176 which is an aft handicapped room for, at least 5 cruises. Not only is it wider,, but we enjoyed a very large verandah. I would keep my DH's wheelchair on the balcony until excursion time and we would rent a scooter for his use on the ships. More than enough room. We were also in 7137 near the elavators and that was very nice also. Lots of room in the shower, but I might suggest that you bring a canvas shoeholder to store your toiletries on the bathroom door as there are no cabinets under the sink. Works great.

• 2 months later...
Just curious about the bathroom cabinets - are there cabinets above the sink or none at all?

Here are some pictures of 8176 - aft CC cabin. Not sure how it compares to the other inside & outside accessible cabins. I think there were one or two small corner shelves over the sink - similar to other rooms, but no cabinets.

Thanks, Larry. I can see why folks say they need some storage space for personal items. Do the non-handicapped cabins also have only a single shelf? We were given a handicapped cabin (I'm not sure why - we don't need it!) and I was trying to see if there were any disadvantages!

Just returned from the Summit on March 17th. I broke my leg 3 weeks before the cruise and almost cancelled. Went anyway, and at the last minute we got a handicapped cabin. It was about 3 times the size of a normal cabin and the bathroom was huge. We felt very lucky to get this cabin because of my situation and it really helped. The only downside was that the closet space was small.

Vicki

Archived