Cannes

I have a cruise booked on the Brilliance on June 2. 2007. We are scheduled to stop at Cannes. All of the other dates for this itinerary are stopping at Villefranche. In fact, I checked on cruise cal, and there are only 2 ships stopping in Cannes during the month of June. Any idea why we would be stopping in Cannes instead of Villefranche? I did see that the Voyager of the Seas is in Villefranche on the day we are in Cannes. This is not a change in the itinerary....when I booked in April 2006, Cannes was on our itinerary.

I have heard that the port of Villefranche is lovely. Anyone know how the port of Cannes is?

Thanks so much. I was just curious!

Karen

Karen,

Personally, we prefer Cannes but its one of those things where you would find arguments for and against either port. Both ports give you access to the train line that runs along the entire coast. Cannes is a real city as opposed to Villafranche which is more of a sleepy village. Personally, we like Cannes because its very easy to walk (or take a short taxi ride) to pick up rental cars (we almost always drive ourselves in France). Cannes will also give you some good shopping options within walking distance of the tender pier. There is also a nice sandy beach within walking distance of the tender pier if you want to take a swim in the Med (its towards your left as you look at the tender pier from the sea). Either port allows you access to a wonderful part of France with many many options for a day trip or even a week visit.

Hank

Archived