Infomation Re Transportation, Port Liberty, NJ

Suite 16

Our family of 13 is booked on Explorer in July. We will have to use 3 cars/SUV's to drive from CT to Bayonne, NJ, and the latest parking charge listed by RCCL is $15/day per car. There have been problems with cars parked in the open, being damaged by paint spray, carried by winds, from nearby dockyard. We have heard the cruise line may consider using car covers - an inconvenience, especially when you consider the cost of parking. Mini-bus from CT, round-trip, is quoted at about $860.

Does anyone have knowledge of alternate parking sites in the Cape Liberty area, with shuttle services to the pier? We have often used such alternate parking sights when using the airports. Some months ago, one cruiser posted a message saying he stayed overnight at a nearby hotel, parked for free, and had shuttle service to the pier, which he said cost less than parking at the pier. We would appreciate any information regarding reasonably priced parking/shuttle service.

Thanks for your help!

Call your TA and see what the price of transfers from RCI are. I know from Boston RCI has a bus to the pier, but also Entertainment Tours has a bus from Boston that stops in Hartford and some other places in Conn and RI. Sorry, but I don't have the Entertainment Tours phone number. It's in my office and we're off to the Mayan Riviera for a week tomorrow. If you can't find the number, just e-mail me and I'll send the info to you when we get back.

Rita

Archived