Cozumel/Belize Excursions

DRMizzou

We are sailing on the NCL Pearl 5 day cruise to the Western Caribbean on 2/11/07. There are two stops--Cozumel and Belize City. Which "ruins" excursion is better-Tulum (Cozumel) or Altun Ha (Belize)?? We would like to do a snorkel excursion in one location and do a "ruins" excursion in the other. I have snorkeled in Cozumel before; so was thinking of doing Tulum in Cozumel and snorkeling in Belize.

Anyone have any thoughts on which choices to make?? Thanks in advance!!

We've been to both ruins and in our opinion, Tulum is the best by far. Bring your swimsuits cause they have one of the most beautiful beaches I've seen. The ruins are up high with the beach down below - beautiful scenery. It's very hot at Tulum so suggest a hat, water, and cool clothes. Also a fairly large shopping area with a couple of small restaurants & good margueritas. Have a great trip!

We did cave tubing in Belize with X-Stream Cave Tubing. It was awesome!

In cozumel we always rent a car and drive around and then spend time on Paradise Beach or Chankanaub (sp?) Park. Have not been to the ruins.

I have been to both Tulum and Altun Ha. Tulum is by far the better of the two. The ruins are great and the view is beautiful. I would not recommend Altun Ha. There was not alot there and it was hotter than blazes when we were there (it was May).

Archived