La Romana??

Karen Lynn

• 2 months later...

Guess not, since it's March now and this post was done in Jan. I just booked the Destiny with it's new Itinerary that inclueds the Dominican Republic so I am doing my research. Not much info to find here. Oh well I'll keep checking.

We stayed at the Iberostar resort just outside of La Romana for a week last June. Beautiful island and very friendly people. Lots of Europeans vacation here. The people of the Dominican Republic love to have Americans visit (apparently we are the best tippers!!:) ) We did several excursions and had a blast. I would go back in a heartbeat!!!

We stayed at the Iberostar resort just outside of La Romana for a week last June. Beautiful island and very friendly people. Lots of Europeans vacation here. The people of the Dominican Republic love to have Americans visit (apparently we are the best tippers!!:) ) We did several excursions and had a blast. I would go back in a heartbeat!!!

Hey there, Can you please go into more details as to what excursions you did? He are docked here for the whole night and day , 26 hours - one can do and see alot within 26 hours on an island.

I too booked the Destiny in Jan. 07 for a March 08 cruise for the intinerary it has now, now they went and changed it, not sure I like this change, just might end up changing cruise lines. Thanks for ANY INFO. you can give.

if you are there at nite make sure you do the kandela show at casa de campo.. it is usually a ship's tour.. outstanding show and fantastic amphitheater and lovely surroundings!

I did check that tour out - it is posted on Carnivals tours and looked really cool. To sit outside and watch an island show should be alot of fun. I think I will be booking this.

Thanks for the idea. Anything to do during the day?

I did check that tour out - it is posted on Carnivals tours and looked really cool. To sit outside and watch an island show should be alot of fun. I think I will be booking this.

Thanks for the idea. Anything to do during the day?

if you are beach people do either catalina island or bayabe beach.. one time we took the electric bike tour and thought it was worthwhile..

• 2 months later...

We will be at Catalina Island in March '08 with Costa. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Are there beach chairs, food, drink, water sports (motorized and/or non motorized), or snorkeling available? We will be there from 8 AM - 5PM and then move ports to Caso de Camps from 6 PM - 11:59PM. We are probably going to see the Kandala show, but there dates aren't posted for '08 yet. Thanks for any info!!!:)

Archived