Dumbest thing you ever brought on a cruise?

MauiMermaid

Oh I'm laughing here at all the responses! :D Loved the dog's toothbrush & ex-husband lines..:D

Hammy...I could never be without my shoes..On most of our cruises long or short, I pack at least nine pairs of shoes...If DH did this to me, would never forgive him for that! I would have tossed his shoes overboard & then would buy a pair of shoes in every port, even if I could not find my size! Then would give them to our Hospital Thrift Store, when I got home. My best friend (She & her DH cruise with us) always says to DH, "John watch out, or it's going to cost you on our next trip"!

DH thinks half of the stuff I pack is dumb!;)

I just read on another thread here that passengers on a world cruise had their La Z Boy recliner shipped to the ship and put in their stateroom.

Not necessarily dumb, but certainly unusual.

Maybe I'm strange, but I think I'm probably the only one on these boards who honestly doesn't consider that so very unusual. Most people on World Cruises are older, and as such could very well have back problems. I know that if I was one of them, and the cruise was such a long one, having my favorite Lazy Boy onboard with me would be a Godsend ... and, after all, HAL does agree to pay for UNLIMITED luggage shipment for certain cabin categories. So why not?

Sadly, though, me thinks the rules will change after this year's World Cruise. :)

Blue skies ...

--rita

Your DH did this to Wife and Daughter? Your note sounds like he is still among the living....amazing!

You don't mention his penance or how long he remained in the dog house. He must be one very special, very lucky guy indeed.

His penance probably involved buying both wife and daughter several VERY nice pairs of shoes when they got home ... and maybe a few nice new outfits to go with them too. :)

I'm not into the shoe thing. When I sail I pack a nice pair of sneakers/walking shoes (in addition to the pair I'm wearing), a pair of flipflops and a pair of dress shoes for formal nights. That's it.

Now if I could only figure out how to lighten the load for other stuff, I'd be okay. Problem is that I always seem to stuff two big suitcases with stuff that often I never use. :(

Blue skies ...

--rita

Last May, I packed my black dress shoes.

On the first formal night I realized I had one wing-tip and one loafer...both left foot.

I ended up wearing my tennis shoes with my tux.

Oddly enough...I received several compliments on my fashion sense...???

How funny! I'm sure, though, that somewhere on a cruise message board someone posted about the "horrible" man who wore tennies to formal night and how it absolutely RUINED their cruise! :D

Archived