Disembarkation in Valparaiso

CountessP

I need info on how long it takes to disembark in Valparaiso. I am arranging a private tour and need to know at about what time I can meet them at the hotel. We are scheduled to arrive at 6AM, and I'm thinking I should be off the ship, with luggage, ready to take a taxi by 9AM. I read on another board that Valparaiso is very disorganized in their disembarkation procedures which is why I'm concerned. Also, how hard is it to get a taxi?

Any info greatly appreciated, Millie

We had a private tour guide waiting for us last year when we arrived in Valpariso. I think on looking back we were off the ship around 9.15 - 9.30am. I know it was a little later than what we had told the driver. Of course he was there waiting for us.

He took us around Valpariso and then to Vin Del Mare before heading towards Santiago. We stopped at a winery and then he showed us the sights of Santiago before dropping us at our hotel around 5pm. It was a good tour.

Jennie

Ray and Jocelyn,

We used Victor Aballai whose website is: http://www.enaturchile.com

We shared the car with another couple who actually did all the bookings for this transfer. I believe that if you recommend other people you will get a 10% discount on the cost of the trip. Our friends whom we shared the trip did recommend him to others on the C.C. board and received the discount and shared it with us.

We also used his firm to take us to the airport next morning. They are very reliable and I know that we were recommended to him from past posters of C.C.

Happy cruising, it is such a great cruise.

Jennie

Jennie,

Do you recall how "complicated" it was to clear the ship, collect your luggage, and be ready to leave? What time did your ship dock? I guess three hours makes sense. In Miami/Ft. Lauderdale it takes 2 hours.

We will be leaving the next day and I'm just going to play it by ear, probably taking the bus, via Santiago, since we have all day to get to the airport.

Thx for any info, Millie

I have written a little about this in my diary. Apparently we had breakfast around 7am and then we went to the special lounge to wait to disembark. The ship had arrived quite early, around 5 or 6am I think from memory.

We finally disembarked at 9.30am (we were expecting to get off a lot earlier) and then we went by bus a couple of miles to collect our luggage. It was quite an experience and nothing like arriving in Fort Lauderdale where we more or less just walk off the ship into the terminal and collect our luggage immediately.

Hope this helps.

Jennie

we just returned from the January 14th BA to Valparaiso cruise on Infinity. The ship got to the port very early (around 3:00am) we had concierge class and received group 1 luggage tugs so we were off the boat by 7:45, unfortunately I had booked my tour for 9:00 a.m. but it was very easy to find my luggage. I had also booked with victor and would highly recommend his company.

Brenna

We returned from Santiago yesterday morning (Feb 6).

We also used Victor Aballai and I made all the arrangements for us and 2 other couples.

I also gave his name to another lady who used him.

I didn't get ANY discount at all! I wish I had known that this is his practice as I certainly would have requested it.

Do be aware that as part of the tour you will go to a "factory of lapiz luzulli" which is not a factory, but a presentation building, where you will receive a small cup of Pisco Sour while you look at the jewelry. It was not a "hard sell" as I didn't purchase anything but our friends both did.

And do be aware that the lunch will cost you about $50 USD for 2 people. We had requested to go to a small place that the locals ate at - and it was in Vino de Mar - which is where all our friends stopped also (but not all at this resturant). My husband ordered shrimp, potatoes and a glass of house red and water. I ordered congria, potatoes, house white and water. This was about the cheapest thing on the menu. Every thing was ala carte. Our friends ordered a salad of tomatoes and avacados and shared it. It was beautiful and delicious. Don't miss it!

Hope this helps someone.

Ray and Jocelyn,

We used Victor Aballai whose website is: http://www.enaturchile.com

We shared the car with another couple who actually did all the bookings for this transfer. I believe that if you recommend other people you will get a 10% discount on the cost of the trip. Our friends whom we shared the trip did recommend him to others on the C.C. board and received the discount and shared it with us.

We also used his firm to take us to the airport next morning. They are very reliable and I know that we were recommended to him from past posters of C.C.

Happy cruising, it is such a great cruise.

Jennie

:)

Archived