Embarkation on Jewel Jan 28th, is it still rough in Miami?

browniegirl

Hi everyone, we are on the Jewel this upcoming Sunday and there are 10 of us, including 4 kids and 2 elderly! Any news on how the embarkation is going in Miami, is it in a tent? It says on the docs that we can start getting on at 1 pm, is this right, or can we get on earlier? If we are lattitudes is it easier? Thanks for any advice!!!

Leah B

if you are in the tent (and i think you are) then my only advice would be to get there as early as possible. i would guess you can start boarding as early as 10:30 or 11 am. we got there on 1/14 at about 12:45 and it wa a madhouse, and people were already onboard and out on their balconies. also, with 2 elderly, take advantage of any "needs assistance" lines. they seemed to move faster. above all, have a little patience and be prepared for a wait. if you end up getting on in a breeze, it'll be that much better.

Hello BrownieGirl,

We were on the Jan14th sailing of the Jewel and were the 1st to do the tent embarkation. My best advice I can give is to get there very early. We arrived at 11:00 and they started boarding around 11:40 or so. We were in our room by 12:20 or so.It was somewhat disorganized. There were no provisions for VIP boarding so Latitude will do you no good. We were in a Penthouse and did not get any special treatment. By the time boarding started, the line was many blocks long. Others reported waiting several hours. Hopefully they will have ironed out some of the wrinkles.

Thanks you guys, I will take your advice and hope to get there early, although the transfers are being provided by NCL, ie: they are picking us up from our hotel, I am hopeful they pick up at a decent time.... that is the only part that worries me about getting there early! When we went on our last NCL cruise out of LA, it was a nightmare! We were in lineups for over 3 hours, people were so ticked off and it got so bad that the ship HAD to leave and rush every body on board or it would have been fined for being in port so long! Needless to say, I do NOT want to go thru that again!

Leah B

Go the the NCL Jewel roll call and sign up to meet other cruise critics.

Hi there, I did just that on the 21st, but there hasn't been much action on that board in a couple days.... maybe everybody is busy packing!!! Hope to see you on board, we can't wait... this week is going by much too slowly!!!

Leah B

I guess I'll look for the assistance line as I have two elderly parents (82) and my dad is very feeble walking. I hope I can find the line and avoid them being in line for a long time. We are staying in Orlando Saturday night and then driving to Miami the next morning. I'm figuring it's a 4 hr drive??

I guess I'll look for the assistance line as I have two elderly parents (82) and my dad is very feeble walking. I hope I can find the line and avoid them being in line for a long time. We are staying in Orlando Saturday night and then driving to Miami the next morning. I'm figuring it's a 4 hr drive??

It is definitely a 4 to 4 1/2 hour drive from Orlando to Florida.

It is definitely a 4 to 4 1/2 hour drive from Orlando to Florida.

get Mapquest directions to take the Fl. turnpike down from Orlando. I take my Mom (85) on cruises and the ride down is much less stressful than taking I-95. Just pay attention that the exit in Miami goes off to the Left, not to the right. Have a wonderful time:D

Archived