It pays to check every day-2 weeks out

mspink98

Yesterday, rccl.com had a military rate listed for our 2/11 Mariner sailing. I called and got it applied, even though we've already made final payment.

Today, the rate is gone. I will be checking every day for adjustments until we leave!!

but exactly how do you find out about military rates for a particular cruise. We have booked and paid for a junior suite on Jewel of the Seas for 4/15 and now all suites are sold out. Where do you click on the rccl.com website to find out if there are military rates for "our" stateroom? Also, is there any way to find out which staterooms have NOT been sold yet for this cruise? Any info would be appreciated.

Choose2cruise, if your category is sold out, they won't be offering special rates for it.

To check though to see if there have been price drops, are residency rates, etc, you go to RCCL's website and act like you are making a new booking for your cruise. At the very bottom of the first screen, you will have several options including "Anyone 55 and older", "military", or "resident of which state." IF there is a senior rate, military rate, or residency rate that applies to you, it will show up as a 2nd price for the category right below the price that applies to everyone else. Many times they will only offer special rates in a few categories, usually because those categories aren't selling well.

mitaxi

I think we are on the same cruise. I noticed a price drop last week of $100 per person. Has it gone down more?

Jenn

Jenn....Last wednesday I came home and checked and my JS dropped...$300....now that category is old out...so haven't checked if others have dropped....

Michele

mitaxi

I think we are on the same cruise. I noticed a price drop last week of $100 per person. Has it gone down more?

Jenn

Jenn..Are you signed up for our Meet & Mingle...read over the Rool call for NOS.... sounds like a great fun group

Michele

No Michelle, I haven't signed up yet. I did get a $200 price drop sometime last week ($100 each) so I guess I can be happy with that. Our kids are traveling in an inside and theirs dropped $320 last month, so between the two- pretty good savings:)

Jenn

No Michelle, I haven't signed up yet. I did get a $200 price drop sometime last week ($100 each) so I guess I can be happy with that. Our kids are traveling in an inside and theirs dropped $320 last month, so between the two- pretty good savings:)

Jenn

WOW... Jenn...that is considerable savings... good for you...Mine is a solo...so am also happy with any discount....when ever I have crusied with my kids... was just happy the price went up AFTER I purchased...Will seem strange to cruise w/out them this time

WE have 50 signed up for M&M...

Almost time to start packing...

Michele

Well, I'm addicted to Cruise Critic. I usually pop in once a day, if I can. I have learned sooooo much!

Now, I can certainly say Cruise Critic is fab. After reading this thread, I checked pricing on our upcoming cruise. I've done this periodically with no luck, Freedom just doesn't seem to go on sale. Well, well, well...tonight it was on 'slight' sale, about $360 so hubby gave rccl a call. Turns out there's another promo we didn't know about..........$800, can you believe it? Yep, Cruise Critic just saved us $800, thanks to Kate!!!!!!! Awesome!

Kim

P.S it truly pays to book directly with the cruise line.

Archived