DenRus Option St Petersburg Aug 13-14

Miss Jolly

Hello to all,

I wasn't quite sure as to where I should put this notice, so I hope anyone who is interested can locate it.

We will be travelling on Rooterdam Aug-September and will be in St Petersburg 13-14 Aug. Like others, I have been thoroughly investigating St Petersburg. DenRus has been by far the most obliging in correspondance by email. A kind lady named Julia has been exchanging information with me daily for about a week now. I will be travelling with my husband,Paul, who is very interested in history and the defence forces so we have planned a slightly different itinerary to those that I have seen on the boards. Just to give you a little further insight to your prospective travelling companions, we are an Australian family who enjoyed our first family cruise on Coral Princess (Panama canal 2005). Paul is a Financial Planner and I am a school teacher. We are in our mid forties and will be travelling with our son,Sean, who will be 15 and our daughter, Corinne, who will turn 14 in Corfu. I will post our planned itinerary here with prices. Please let me know if you are interested in joining us. By the way, the vehicle is air-conditioned. DenRus allows you to have payment options of either payment in advance by credit card online, by check drawn on a U.S.A bank or a bank wire transfer. Otherwise you can pay in cash upon arrival in St Petersburg.

Day One (Mon)

0830- tour starts

0830-0930 Drive South-West of St Petersburg to visit one of summer residences of Russian Tsars in Peterhof – the Russian Versailles.

0930-1020 guided tour round the Grand Palace of Peterhof (Specially arranged Early Opening to avoid crowds).

1030-1100 walk round the world famous fountain park

1100-1200 Drive back to the city

1200-1400 City tour, taking photos of Bronze Horseman, Kazan Cathedral, Smolny Cathedral, Nikolsky Cathedral, St. Isaac’s Cathedral and Spilled Blood Cathedral.(If you have time it is possible to visit Kazan and Nikolsky Cathedrals – they are free of charge )

1400-1500 boat trip (Canal Tour)

Abt. 1530 – return to ship

Day Two (Tue)

0830 tour starts

0830-1000 drive to the Museum of Heroic Defenders (Diorama building) in Kirov

1000-1040 Inside visit of the Museum of Heroic Defenders (Diorama building)

1050-1240 Drive back to the city

1300-1340 inside visit to Peter-and-Paul Fortress

1400-1430 inside visit to Aurora ship

1440-1600 time for walking and shopping

Abt. 1630 – return to ship

Package Price for Day One+Day Two, in USD per person

3-4 pax 5-6 pax 7-9 pax 10-13 pax

365 287 255 222

I hope this appeals to someone out there as it is usually more fun to travel with others.:)

Jennie

Archived