Cabin location

megsterl

Hi all I am booked on NCL Dream for 3/17/07 this will be my first NCL cruise. I have been reading the boards regarding the Dream and I have a couple question regarding the location of my guaranty cabin. I just loged onto NCL.com and see that they have assigned me cabin 9124. Can anyone tell me if this is a good location, i have heard some complaints regarding cabin locations and the the theatre. Where my cabin is wont really make or break my cruise. I have always taken RCI cruises and choice the cheapest inside rooms on deck 2. Its going to be weird for me to be higer up on the ship this time. Any words regarding this location would be great. Hope all are having a great day and happy sailing. MEG

You have a great cabin, on deck nine, the same deck with the Four Seasons restaurant. You can walk though it at any time. The Stardust Theater is on deck ten and eleven.

Related to this, do you know how they manage the flow of people through the Four Seasons restaurant by those wanting to access the forward area of deck 9? It is pretty simple I am sure during non meal times but during meal times do people walk right through the dining area? Or do they have a set "path" on the outer perimeter of the room?

thanks Don Im am now getting very excited. This is my first NCL cruise and my bf first cruise ever and im a little nervous he might not like it. YOu and i both know that cruises are not for everyone. Is there any specific words of advice you can give me for the dream? any really good hidden away spots on the ship.

It also appears that while I booked the guarentee cabin for an extremly low price I seem to have gotten a superior inside cabin for almost 200+per person is this common? if so great!!! Can you also tell me is this cabin forward or aft for somereason i always get that confused. Thanks again MEg

Yesw, you did get a significant upgrade with your guarantee. Your location is forward of the Four Season restaurant, in the forward part of the ship.

I found the pool area too crowded and very loud when the band is playing. I highly recommend the aft pool area on deck deck nine, and there is a small public space below it on deck eight were you can rest in peace and read a book while watching the wake of the ship in the shade. The only negative about deck eight is that you will have to climb the stairs to deck nine for drinks by the aft pool.

The new ships are stacked with suites aft, the older ships with charm had public spaces aft, the Majesty and Wind are similar. The newest ship NCL has in its fleet that is similar is the Spirit, she has wonderful aft public spaces.

Its not common on holidays or during the suimmer, when you might expect a one or two grade upgrade booking guarantee, iits not surprising you received a five or six upgrade during the off season.

You will notice that there is a wide ailse on the starboard side of the restaurant where the people walk through. Its a bit annoying to the diners, but not overly so as NCL uses this ailse to sit the diners too.

Archived