Dollar Office Near Port of Miami?

kath1210

We are flying into Fort Lauderdale very early on the morning of our cruise and I believe that we cannot board until 3 p.m. We'd like to rent a car so we can do a little sight-seeing and shopping. Does anyone know the name of the Dollar car rental office nearest to the port? Also, I assume they will have a shuttle to the port, right?

TIA for your help!

I'm not sure exactly but maybe if you check their online site? You might have to call them to find out. You'd also have to ask them about dropping off at different location. You're flying into Ft. Lauderdale but leaving from Miami? You'd have to check you'd be able to drop it off there. If it doesn't have to be Dollar rental, I'm sure you could find one that would allow that. And most at the port do have shuttles.

I'm cruising on Explorer this Sunday arriving on Saturday. I am renting from Dollar and the nearest office to the port is at the airport. I confirmed with Dollar on yesterday and the gentleman assured me that they to provide transportation to the port.

I'm cruising on Explorer this Sunday arriving on Saturday. I am renting from Dollar and the nearest office to the port is at the airport. I confirmed with Dollar on yesterday and the gentleman assured me that they to provide transportation to the port.

Thanks very much! That is exactly what we are trying to do! I saw 4 choices for drop-off of the car in Miami, but could not tell which was closest to the Port or which had shuttles to the Port.

I think I may have my DH drop us and our luggage off at the Port first, then return the car to the airport. That will be easier than hauling all of our luggage on a shuttle to the port.

Thanks again!

Archived