?about cliff divers and closness of cities to ship?

crazy4tweety

We are going on Ncl star Feb 26, I have been reading and reading tring to get information to help us decide. This site has help wit lots of info. I am a little confuse about the A capulco Cliff divers and a book I have it states they dive at La Quebra admission is 2.50 How far is this from the ship and another post I read 1.-For $3.00 you can walk about 60 steps to the mirador area (up close) but it’s usually crowded and no guarantees of being up front to enjoy the show, wit one drink included. We are walkers can we walk to this.

Question 2 reading through the tours on the ship one is endangered Baby Sea & turtles&City, Has anyone done this I figure it would be best to pay a taxi and go on our own,is downtown Acapulco in walking distance from the ship? Can we see alot on our own by walking?

If anyone can respond thank you in advance. Tweety

We wanted to do a horseback ride in puerto Vallarta but it said you have to weigh 220 or less my husband is a tall guy and he weigh 225 so that is out, We love history stuff the most can anyone mention what to see in the other ports for us the :Puerto Vallarta 9 to 5 Cabo San Lucas* 8to 4 or Zihuatanejo / Ixtapa we are only there from 7 to 2 Since the ship is in port the whole day in Acapulco we plan do to alot stuff there . The other ports we arent in there as long so we may only have time for one or two things in the other port how closed are the city off the ships.

I have done the cliff divers on my own 3 times. Including last April. First, the cost is $8 or $9 US and includes a can of soda. I think it's a bit too far to walk, especially in that heat and humidity. It will be hot in late February. But not far by taxi. The taxi will drop you off at the ticket booth and wait for you. You buy a ticket and walk down the stairs. It's never crowded and has lots of good viewing areas. You tip the divers as they come up the stairs. If a ship is in port, they have an early show. Around 11:30AM. Most people won't tell you that. So ask a taxi driver and be there around 11:15AM. Confirm this before you leave with a taxi driver.

Since you like history, check out the old Fort in Acapulco that is right across from the ship.

There is a pedestrian bridge right next to the pier that takes you to the fort. The fort has a number of inside rooms that are restored. Some are air conditioned. Lots of info and history there.

Archived