snorkeling on Princess Cay

safety

we have snorkeled there many times at about the same time of year as when you are going..and will be there twice in late March/early April.

The water is a pleasant temp, and the snorkeling is fairly good. Sometimes the water is very clear...last year when we were there is was a bit cloudy because of recent winds and storms.

We were just there on the 20th. Water did not feel cold at all to me 80+ degrees. Not sure how it will be in march though. There are 2 areas to snorkel the best on is in the reef area by "Davey Jones Locker". Its not really a reef but you will see several fish in there. Go near shore by the rocks and you will see more fish. If you have not snorkeled much it will be decent but I would think a more seasoned person would think it was nothing. It can get quite busy on the island so you may have a lot of company while swimming.

FYI if you are going on the carribean princess to St Marteen and St Thomas I would recomend snorkeling in St Thomas over St Marteen. We did the Catamaran sail and Snorkel in St Marteen with beach time and the water was not very clear for swimming on that excursion. I have heard that Orient beach is better for that. We did the Dancing Dolphin Catamaran excursion in St Thomas and had a blast. The snorkeling area was very busy there also. on the ride back they give you all the rum punch you want if your into that.

Archived