Transfers-Port of Miami to MIA

Does anyone happen to know the cost of transfers (purchased on board ship from RCCL) from the Port to MIA? We're trying to figure out if we want to book our own transportation or just use Royal Caribbean's. We're not in a big hurry, as our flights leave at 2:30 p.m.

Thanks for any help!

Thanks for your post, workingboy. There are 6 of us on a 2 week cruise with lots of luggage, so we'll need 3 cabs I think. Still, I bet this ends up cheaper (and more convenient) than transfers from RCCL. I'll definitely keep the price of a cab in mind when deciding which way to go.

Thanks for the great information!

Lots of luggage? Later flight? Are you flying AA? AA will check your luggage right at the pier (for a fee) and you won't sea it again until you arrive at your home airport. A few other airlines are also doing it, but can't recall which. And if your plane doesn't leave until 2:30, you might want to just taxi to Bayside for a few hours. They'll be kicking you off the plane by nine or 9:30 at the very latest.

Also, check here:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=473397

Is AA still doing the luggage check at the pier? (I've heard conflicting info. I'll try to find the latest thread on that topic.) If so, that's a GREAT suggestion, since we are flying AA and have so much luggage. The fee to check the luggage would probably be at least partially offset by the need for fewer cabs.

Thanks for the help!

Does anyone happen to know the cost of transfers (purchased on board ship from RCCL) from the Port to MIA? We're trying to figure out if we want to book our own transportation or just use Royal Caribbean's. We're not in a big hurry, as our flights leave at 2:30 p.m.

Thanks for any help!

We're just back from the Brilliance in Miami. Transfers were 30-something per person (low 30s), and the taxi was $24 no matter how many people were in it.

Not only does it work out cheaper per person, even with only two people in a cab, you won't have to wait until a bus fills up to get moving.

The suggestion to check luggage at the pier and spend some time sightseeing is a good one, also, especially since you have time to kill between when you get in and when you have to be at the airport. The cost for that was $15 for two bags, I believe.

~ Peri

that can carry all of you. We got one that was going to charge $25 PP so we left.

Thanks for your post, workingboy. There are 6 of us on a 2 week cruise with lots of luggage, so we'll need 3 cabs I think. Still, I bet this ends up cheaper (and more convenient) than transfers from RCCL. I'll definitely keep the price of a cab in mind when deciding which way to go.

Thanks for the great information!

We cruise TA on Brilliance 4/16 & are curious on who the CD & LA are.

Maybe either of you know.

Hi Peri,

How was your Brilliance cruise? Were you on the 10 or 11 night? We are on the 11 night in a couple of weeks. Can't wait!

Would love to hear any advice or helpful hints you have about the cruise!

We cruise TA on Brilliance 4/16 & are curious on who the CD & LA are.

Maybe either of you know.

CD is Bill Brunkhorst right now. Not my favorite.

LA is Sonia. Booked two future cruises with her while on board. Seemed very knowledgeable and helpful.

Will try to post more about this cruise (which was WONDERFUL) in a bit. We did the 10-day.

~ Peri

I believe that both Sonia (L/A) and Bill (CD) will both be on vacation during the 4/26 cruise. Sorry, I don't have info as to who the replacements will be. Too bad, Sonia is such a sweet lady and really helpfull. Have a great time!!!!

Archived