Fascination with 2 kids under age 4

suntanzi

Hi, my apologies if this question is asked and answered...my search function doesn't work, just getting errors.

I have cruised a few times before but this is my first time on Carnival and with the kids. Questions:

I see that Carnival rents swings, bouncy seats, strollers,... but they will not quote me rates. Does anyone know?

Do they have highchairs in all dining areas?

Do they put a pack n play in your room automatically? (travelocity agent said probably)

Are there enough babysitting slots that getting childcare is fairly easy or is it tough to get a reservation if you aren't first in line to sign up?

I saw they will mash baby food but is that mashed that a 12 month old would eat? i.e. should I bring baby food of my own since my baby is only 5 months and eating purees only?

Thanks for any tips!!

You can rent the strollers, bouncy seats and swings for $25 for the entire cruise.

They have high chairs in the dining rooms and if they run out they can go up and get one from the buffet. They had to do that with us on the Fantasy. The one they brought us didn't have a strap and our daughter is a climber.

When you book your cruise just tell them you need a crib and they will set it up for you. It's not necessarily already in your room when you board but will be later on, if it's not. Ours was not in our stateroom when we boarded and we asked our steward about it. He said they have to deliver the luggage first then they set up the cribs. It was all set up before dinner time came around.

We didn't use the babysitting but from what I could tell, it was fairly easy to use it. No signing up in advance.

I'm sorry but I can't help you on the baby food question.

I hope that helps.

You will have to take your own baby food- CArnival does not have it.

I have only seen strollers for rent-- not the other stuff. (doesnt mean they dont have them--I just have not seen those) ANd the cost was 25.00 for the week.

For a stroller I suggest taking your own. THere will be waiting while you check in and getting off may be a hassle with 2 kids-so having your own will be a blessing.

There is no camps for the little one during the day but after 10 will take them for a fee. Camps start at age 2.

There is a family foum on the main page that was a great help to me with deciding to take a 9 month old with us last cruise.

Very helpful! Thank you!

You can rent the strollers, bouncy seats and swings for $25 for the entire cruise.

They have high chairs in the dining rooms and if they run out they can go up and get one from the buffet. They had to do that with us on the Fantasy. The one they brought us didn't have a strap and our daughter is a climber.

When you book your cruise just tell them you need a crib and they will set it up for you. It's not necessarily already in your room when you board but will be later on, if it's not. Ours was not in our stateroom when we boarded and we asked our steward about it. He said they have to deliver the luggage first then they set up the cribs. It was all set up before dinner time came around.

We didn't use the babysitting but from what I could tell, it was fairly easy to use it. No signing up in advance.

I'm sorry but I can't help you on the baby food question.

I hope that helps.

Archived