Maasdam?

dolls4sell

Well we just booked the 10 night cruise for 10/30. Last time we were on the Maasdam was 2002 and was our first time on a HAL cruise. At that time we has a mini suite. The ship at that time looked a bit rough and the cabin was really rough. They said it went in dry dock last year. Has anyone been on it lately, if so did they fix it up and I hope they fixed up the cabins. We booked a deluxe suite this time.

We were on the "O" in 2004 for a 2 week Panama Canal trip and had a deluxe suite. It seems other lines do not give you all those little extras.

All info would be greatly appreciated

We love Maasdam and have sailed her many times including two cruises last August. We think her elegant and comfortable and very beautiful. She isn't brand new but you know that. She has been lovingly maintained IMO. She had her SOE upgrades as did all the ships and I think you will be pleased with the upgrades. The Explorers is a wonderful addition.

We have four cruises (two sets of b-to-b) booked on her for this summer so that sums up how much we love Maasdam.

Thank you for you quick reply. I remember our room in 2002 and the lumps in the matress were awful we had to have the room steward flip it. We gave our deposit already for 10/30. We had the best waiter on the Maasdam and we met many people.

Thanks again

Maasdam got all new bedding as did all the ships with their SOE upgrades during the last two years or so.

The pillow top beds on Maasdam are loved by just about everyone. We read here on the Board all the time people raving about the wonderful mattresses.

Your deluxe suite will have a fabulous duvet. We are always in the "S" category cabin and the linens are lovely. Very soft sheets and a scrumptious duvet. A selection of different density pillows. DH likes a medium soft pillow and I like a firmer one. We always have about 5 or 6 in our Suite to pick from.

Of all the things to look forward to on Maasdam, the bedding is one of them high on the list.

I agree there are some terrific stewards on Maasdam.....many of them. Maasdam has a great crew!!!

Archived