Please help with our AOS stateroom selection

:confused: Hi folks! We've only cruised once before, and that was on the NCL Spirit (very nice!). Now we're going to book the AOS for July, and we'd appreciate some advice from those in the know.

We're planning on getting two Superior Oceanview Staterooms (must have balony!), two couples just hittin' the big Five-Oh.

1. The RCI websight shows two different designations for these. There's D1, and there's D2. Both can be found on the same decks, and the photos and layouts look identical. Is there ANY difference between a D1 and a D2? (As of right now, we want a D1...just assuming 1 must have something that 2 doesn't have!:D )

2. As of right now, there are D1's available toward the front of the ship, and some towards the rear of the ship. Any recommendations there? We're kind of leaning toward the rear (no pun intended), since it's closer to the Windjammer for breakfast, etc., but.......???

3. The Superiors (both D1's & D2's) are available on decks 7, 8, 9 & 10. Any recommendations there? My DW says the higher the better, and wants to get deck 10 if possible. Looking at the deckplans, I'm thinking deck 9 might be better because deck 11 has the restaurants and activities and such, so that rooms on deck 10 might be somewhat noisier.

We'd really like to jump on booking this within the next day or two, so we'd REALLY appreciate any help our fellow CC'ers can provide. I LIVED on the NCL board before last year's cruise, and it proved to be very, very worthwhile.

Oh, and of course, any other tips you AOS vets might want to share will be welcomed with open arms...er, minds...as well! Happy Cruising!

Rooster

:confused: Hi folks! We've only cruised once before, and that was on the NCL Spirit (very nice!). Now we're going to book the AOS for July, and we'd appreciate some advice from those in the know.

We're planning on getting two Superior Oceanview Staterooms (must have balony!), two couples just hittin' the big Five-Oh.

1. The RCI websight shows two different designations for these. There's D1, and there's D2. Both can be found on the same decks, and the photos and layouts look identical. Is there ANY difference between a D1 and a D2? (As of right now, we want a D1...just assuming 1 must have something that 2 doesn't have!:D )

2. As of right now, there are D1's available toward the front of the ship, and some towards the rear of the ship. Any recommendations there? We're kind of leaning toward the rear (no pun intended), since it's closer to the Windjammer for breakfast, etc., but.......???

3. The Superiors (both D1's & D2's) are available on decks 7, 8, 9 & 10. Any recommendations there? My DW says the higher the better, and wants to get deck 10 if possible. Looking at the deckplans, I'm thinking deck 9 might be better because deck 11 has the restaurants and activities and such, so that rooms on deck 10 might be somewhat noisier.

We'd really like to jump on booking this within the next day or two, so we'd REALLY appreciate any help our fellow CC'ers can provide. I LIVED on the NCL board before last year's cruise, and it proved to be very, very worthwhile.

Oh, and of course, any other tips you AOS vets might want to share will be welcomed with open arms...er, minds...as well! Happy Cruising!

Rooster

I am not really sure what the difference is between the 2 categories they both seem to have the same square footage. I would go for the hump if it is available. that is where the arc of the ship on the side is. If you look at the picture of the floor and rooms you will see the rooms arc out on both sides of the ship.. If you can get one of those people say they have the best balconies views. Otherwise if you cant I would go for the back of the ship because there is more activity towards the back and less walking. Also I hear a lot of good about deck 9, 10 your hubby may be right it could be to close to the noise. you will get lots of replies from people who have been there done that. We are going on her in 18 days and have a E2 catergory. I can probably tell you more when we get back. but there will be plenty of people to fill you in.

Wish I could help more, but the only thing I know about is that you are right about deck 10 being noisy. On our Med. cruise we were right below the pool deck and we heard scraping chairs and kids running around every morning. Now I always book a cabin with cabins above and below us.

Good luck!

D1 and D2, D3 Cabins are the exact same size, the price difference is strictly location on the ship and what deck you are on.

Category E1 or E2's are just about 2 feet shorter in length then the Category D1, D2 and D3's , all 5 Categories I listed above are the same width. So if you are talking that each cabin is about 10 ft wide, times the 2 feet length, you get about 20 square ft more space with going with a D,not that big of deal, my opinion either go with a E midship or take a Category D all the way on the aft facing the wake, those cabins have a much larger balcony then the same category Cabins on the side of the ship.

As far as noise goes on deck 10 aft, the Windjammer is right above you, to hear any noise from above someone have to jump off the tables and hit the floor hard for you to hear them. The entire area is wall to wall carpet, you won't hear anything back there. Pool deck is a different story as the above poster mentioned. I would never book below the pool area, either book midship between cabin decks or aft facing the wake on decks 9 on 10 on a Voyager Class ship like Adventure of the Seas.

Never book a cabin either that above a public area, like lounge or bar area.

Good Luck

Jimbo:)

Hi, we just got off the Adventure last Sunday and we had a balcony hump cabin (D1) on the 9th floor - 9322. It was located near the elevators and only 2 floors down from the Windjammer, and only 4 floors from the promenade on floor 5. We tended to take the stairs to get some exercise and avoid the elevator waits (which were too long, just after dinner and returning from ports). We enjoyed breakfast at the dining room instead of the Windjammer, it was more relaxing and the service was quick.

We had a great time on Adventure and I am certain you will too!

We booked tonight. We were able to get adjacent D2 Superior Staterooms on Deck 9 (9590 & 9588). It turns out that the only difference between D1 and D2 (at least on our specific cruise) is that D1 was only available on Deck 10 (which we didn't want anyway...Thanks Jimbo!), and the D2's cost $100 bucks less PP. Sweet!

Point of interest for those who haven't booked yet!!

Since we are flying down from NY on JetBlue anyway, we booked the cruise through JetBlue and got a $100 discount, which pays for the insurance, more or less. PLUS, when we book the flights, we'll receive a $20 airfare discount PER person PER flight! JetBlue gets a $20 per booking fee, so the end result is we saved about $160 per couple by booking the airfare and the cruise through JetBlue. Give it a look-see. I hope we can save a few other CC'ers a couple of bucks! ($160....probably about 50% of my bar tab!!:p

Archived