Empress Deck on Destiny

Crowell85

Hello, I was wondering if anyone had any info on the Empress Deck of the Destiny. We have an inside stateroom at the back end of the ship, since this is our first cruise I was wondering if this is a good room, and is there any difference in higher or lower decks and being at the front or back of the ship. Thank a lot for your info.

Our first cruise was an inside on the Empress deck on Destiny in 2000. We were near the front though. The nice thing about being forward is the observation deck in the front. With an inside cabin it was convenient for watching when we sailed into or from a port.

The nice thing about being on the Empress deck as opposed to the Riviera deck is that you are between the two main public areas, the Lido and the Promenade. You can easily move between these areas without having to wait for elevators. Being mid-ship is also more convenient than front or back but it isn't really a big deal. Other than location 90% plus of the inside cabins are identical. A few have odd configurations or are handicapped compatible.

Have a great cruise, I hope you like it as much as we did.

Hey, Thanks a lot. That is what I was looking for. Like I said this being our first cruise we were not really sure what to expect. When we booked I am pretty sure we were on the Riveira Deck but I could have been wrong. We got our Docs from the TA last week and it said the Empress Deck. Guess I'm not going to complain, a room is a room. Looking forward to this, only 19 days till we leave. Once again, Thank.

sounds like you were upgraded!! we stayed on this deck in october...nice and quiet back there....and it's between 2 passenger cabin decks so the noise is kept to a minimum...

have a great cruise on this wonderful ship!! :)

Marsha

You will love the Destiny & the ports. We were on the Empress Deck in a balcony cabin on the very back. It was awesome & the views are amazing! It's been one of our favorite cruises so far! I'd go again in a heartbeat!

Have a great time!!

Hey Crowell85 - this is Sunrise2 from the 2/18/07 roll call. We are also on the Empress Deck as well as the other 2 couples that we will be traveling with. We will probably see you at the observation deck area that yst347 was talking about. We have insides also so we can all use the observation area as our own balcony. We will have to check it out once we get on board. We are all going to have a good time! Remember 2/20/07 is Fat Tuesday and Dominica is going to have a Carnival so get out and enjoy!

Our first cruise was an inside on the Empress deck on Destiny in 2000. We were near the front though. The nice thing about being forward is the observation deck in the front. With an inside cabin it was convenient for watching when we sailed into or from a port.

The nice thing about being on the Empress deck as opposed to the Riviera deck is that you are between the two main public areas, the Lido and the Promenade. You can easily move between these areas without having to wait for elevators. Being mid-ship is also more convenient than front or back but it isn't really a big deal. Other than location 90% plus of the inside cabins are identical. A few have odd configurations or are handicapped compatible.

Have a great cruise, I hope you like it as much as we did.

yst347 - is the door to the observation deck easy to find?

yst347 - is the door to the observation deck easy to find?

I'm not yst347, but I can answer this one. Take the hallway all the way to the front of the ship. I forgot exactly what the sign on the door says, but it's not locked and doesn't say anything like "crew only". Great view from there and practically empty, really windy though.

Archived