Verizon now works with cellular at sea....

FitzLA

I thought I would just mention that on my recent Monarch cruise, my Verizon phone worked while at sea. On Freedom in October, Verizon had not yet joined and my phone did not work. Now, it does. It said roaming while out at sea, but it worked just fine. I know it is expensive, but I thought I would pass on the news as a lot of people have asked if Verizon phones worked yet.

The bad news to this Cellular at Sea service....There was a woman in the dining room on formal night talking on the phone. That was tacky!

Excellent! I just set up I-Dial with Verizon to use my cell phone while on the ship. While there is no one I wish to speak with while on vacation, I prefer paying $2.49 a minute rather than $7.95 a minute in case of an emergency at home. Thank you for this info.

P.S. My cell phone will be turned off while in the dining room. :p

I thought I would just mention that on my recent Monarch cruise, my Verizon phone worked while at sea. On Freedom in October, Verizon had not yet joined and my phone did not work. Now, it does. It said roaming while out at sea, but it worked just fine. I know it is expensive, but I thought I would pass on the news as a lot of people have asked if Verizon phones worked yet.

Thanks for letting me know. I have a granddaughter that should make her entrance while we are cruising and now my son-in-law can call us!

• 3 weeks later...

Archived