Cruiser ??'s --- Your Questions Answered

sail7seas

For those of you sailing on Noordam, you have the chance to look for this Book. It is wonderful!!

Susan Scott, Captain John Scott's wife, has written a book answering so many questions the cruisers love to ask.

I think it is only being marketed on Noordam (as that is 'their' ship) and is available in the shops onboard.

It's written in easy to follow sections, each with a tab.

There will be future sections available and I think it terrific both for the first time cruisers as well as more experienced Mariners.

I'm happy to have our copy and am enjoying it.

I think the idea is for it to become available eventually on all the ships but for those sailing Noordam, Look for it. I think you'll like it.

Yes, its a very interesting book - essentially compiled with information regarding the types of questions that she would hear her husband asked over and over again, but in a style and language that are very understandable (no confusing techno-jargon)

Its done in a loose-leaf/tab style where one can add additional chapters as they are created, plus one can add pages for thier own cruise experiences (names and addresses of new friends, notes on the places you've seen, etc - like a personal cruise log that can be added to over time)

Currently, she's working on a chapter that deals with how the ships are built based on her and Capt Scott's experiences witnessing Noordam being built.

It's not expensive at all - and would be approprate for anyone who is even mildly curious about how things work!

Thats great that the book is out on board ship, but that does't help us who have not been on the ship yet.:( We don't go until 3/31.:) Is there any other way to get the book?

Tom

I mentioned to Susan that I hoped it would be sold on the Holland America shopping website - particularly the chapter updates for those of us who only cruise once or twice a year - and she indicated that she was working on that project as well.

Thats great that the book is out on board ship, but that does't help us who have not been on the ship yet.:( We don't go until 3/31.:) Is there any other way to get the book?

Tom

Tindiver.......

Ask your questions here. Between all of us on this board, I'm sure you will be well prepared for your cruise. :)

Sounds like a great idea to me if there a FEW things left for you to learn while aboard. What a shame it would be if you knew everything there was to know on your very first cruise.

I mentioned to Susan that I hoped it would be sold on the Holland America shopping website - particularly the chapter updates for those of us who only cruise once or twice a year - and she indicated that she was working on that project as well.

Great Idea, Brian. Hope Susan is able to work that out. I'd like to be able to purchase chapter updates on other ships .....or on the website. That would be wonderful. We certainly plan to return to Noordam but do have other cruises booked before we'll be back to that gorgeous ship. ( :D 'Gotta go sail "MY" Maasdam. ).

I think the book is now only available on Noordam? Is that the case? If so, I certainly hope it gets to the rest of the fleet very soon.

Archived