Upgrades

earl_m

Just as LMB says - it all depends and varies from cruise to cruise, ship to ship.

No matter what your TA says, your best bet is to always book at least the minimum category that you'd be comfortable in - that way you won't be disappointed should you not get the upgrade.

How does one go about getting an upgrade? I booked through a TA - do I call them? How much extra is it to upgrade from a standard inside stateroom to something else? Is it available to anyone who wants to do it (first come first served) or is there preferance for people who've sailed with HAL before?

Thanks for any help!

~Monica

How does one go about getting an upgrade? I booked through a TA - do I call them? How much extra is it to upgrade from a standard inside stateroom to something else? Is it available to anyone who wants to do it (first come first served) or is there preferance for people who've sailed with HAL before?

Thanks for any help!

~Monica

Monica, if you want a cabin in a higher category, and there's one available and you're willing to pay for it, HAL will be happy to take your money.

Usually when people are talking about an "upgrade" they are not talking about shelling out more ca$h---they are talking about being assigned to a cabin in a higher category because the upgrade fairy sprinkled her magic dust all over them---in other words, they got lucky. :)

No one knows what criteria the upgrade fairy uses. :(

Archived