Internet Cafe's in Ports

Hey everyone, I was reading through a couple of the posts and noticed that many people were trying to figure out ways to communicate to their loved ones back home while on their cruise. Has anyone ever considered using an internet cafe. I know that I will be taking my laptop with me when I cruise in November to upload digital pictures and to have a slide show already set up. It doesn't seem like it would be much trouble to be able to step off of the ship and find an internet cafe to send a couple of emails or pictures back home. It would certainly be cheaper than what they would charge while on board. I did a simple google search and there are some out there. If you don't want to carry your computer off of the ship you could always burn a CD with your email on it along with some pictures then upload it to the computer at the cafe. Has anyone already done this?

When we cruised the med in June, we used internet cafes. They were definitely cheaper than using the ships computers. My husband took his laptop and we did download pictures for safe keeping, but since this was the first time we had used a digital camera and I didn't know how to send attachments with emails, we didn't send any pictures home. I didn't notice what type of usb ports were on the computers, but image most had a cd drive, since that is what seems to come standard on the computers these days. Thinking back on it though, some of the cafes may have only shown the monitor and a keyboard. I will ask my daughters when they come home what they remember about the cafes. It was a big money saver for us!:)

Happy Sailing!

When we go on cruises I always use an internet cafe in the ports to send e- mails. They are usually not too expensive but price varies from place to place. Don't expect blazing speeds, most seem fairly slow, probably a shared 128 bit line, but it works fine for e-mail and checking the weather.

David

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

The Internet cafe was $0.25 per minute in Grand Cayman as opposed to $0.75 per minute on Carnival Conquet PLUS a $3.96 one-time activation fee.

The computer we used had a CD-ROM drive and we were able to send home pictures we had just bought on a CD from our Stingray excursion.

Archived