Cairo Museum and King Tut

For those touring the Eastern Med this spring,summer and fall. The King Tut exhibition from the museum (including the funerary mask) is currently on tour. It is now at the Franklin Institute in Philadelphia and will be there through September. It then moves to London.

We saw the Tut exhibit when it was in Fort Lauderdale last winter. It is great, but represents only a VERY small part of the whole collection (which takes up about half a floor at the Cairo Museum). For example, there is one funerary mask on tour, but there are actually 3 or 4 of them (in decreasing size) that were found on the mummy, so not to worry, you will still see plenty in Cairo.

We were in Egypt when the exhibition first went to the US. The Cairo Museum Tut exhibit is breathtaking! You'll get your money's worth.

Also, the long-lost mummy of Ramses I was recently returned to the Cairo Museum from a University in the US and is on display.

Smart Posters, OK, I am trying to find the Promotion Codes for the VIP Passes for two to the King Tut at the Franklin. It's to get you to the front of the line etc.

The cost is $149.00 (Plus $20 to ticker Master which includes two adult tickets, two headsets and a DVD and Fed Ex shipping). I need to travel from out of town for the day and the times my Dh can get off work in the next two weeks are sold out.

On line there is a $119.00 price for the package but you need the correct promotion code. I know using Am Ex is one but I don't have Am Ex. "AMTRAK" will get you $2.00 or $3.00 off the single tickets.

Is there any computer wiz that can help me figure this out? I'd rather pay $139 total vs. $169 total.

Thank you in advance.

If anyone can help me here is the site.

http://www.kingtut.org/home

By the way, to buy separately the cost for two would be $102.50 ($2.50 to e-mail the tickets), vs. $139.00 ($36.50 more to go when you wish VIP) so:

If I could get the time I wanted:

$30.50 x 2 (using AMTRAK promotion code to get $2.00 off on the weekend

$7.00 x 2 audio

$3.75 x 2 Ticket Master Service Charge

$18.00 DVD (from Amazon - but then I have to purchase $25 to get free shipping)

$2.50 e-mail electronic tickets

$102.50 total (I think)

vs.

$119 package

$20.00 service includes Fed Ex

total $139

Archived