Tattoo Reaction

constructiondude

San Diego-everyone I met in San Diego assumed I was in the military and stationed there, the shaved head only added to that assumption. A couple of times I was offered a military discount, lol, and it was tempting to say yes, but I'm an honest man AND it would have been disrespectful to the people that are serving.

Oosterdam-not much reaction on the ship. A couple of stares in the thermal suite. At meals people obviously noticed them but were too polite to say anything. The only comments I did get were from members of the crew in places like the elevator as I came back from the spa; they asked polite questions like how long it took to get them, etc. While sunning on deck, people either didn't care or were oblivious. Surprisingly nobody from cruisecritic asked to see them even after having advance notice about it. Too many other important things to discuss perhaps, which is fine with me.

Cabo San Lucas-this is where they got noticed the most. The natives loved them and commented on some of the more well-known images. The worse comment of the decade went to a fellow pax as we were getting off the tenders, "I see your wearing long sleeves." Ha Ha Ha.

Mazatlan/PV-Nobody seemed to take notice, I wore a tshirt during the swim with the dolphins excursion; people were too preoccupied with the dolphins to care anyway.

Lisa is hopefully going to add a picture of me in all my tattoo glory to this thread.

Future tattooed cruisers-I worried about it needlessly. Bottom line is that people really don't care and if they do, cruisers aren't the kind of people to make issue of it. Cruisers everywhere seem to take great pride in their open-mindedness, after all, we are willing to climb onboard with 2000 other people as we seek out new adventures and experiences; we easily adapt to change and embrace the diversity in the people that we encounter. We might come from a million different backgrounds, yet this one commonality ties us all together.

I wish everyone safe, happy cruises!

~The Dude

Glad you had such a great cruise and that you didn't encounter any problems.

I have 6 tattoos myself and can honestly say I have never had anyone come up to me with any kind of negative comment, Either on a cruise or anywhere else. What they think about them and say to themselves I don't know and honestly I don't care.

I have always either gotten compliments on mine, or fellow tattoed people ask where I got mine, or who did it. ( a common question asked by tattoo aficienados). Or the usual,"Did it hurt?" Which I myself asked a million people before I ever got mine.

I have found they are great "conversation pieces" because I have met a lot of nice people ny them walking up to me or me walking up to them and asking about them.

Actually I have had one woman tell me I look like a circus attraction and I should put up a tent and charge admission. But I just say "Ma , leave me alone" *LOL* :) :)

Archived