Advanced bag check out

Hello fellow cruisers,

We are booked on the AOS for the March 11 cruise Southern Caribbean

This will be our 4th cruise (3rd with RCCL) and the first time I am considering using the advanced baggage check-out process for United Airlines.I was wondering how the advanced baggage check-out worked on the last day of our cruise. I realize that there is a cost associated with this service

Do you have to leave your luggage outside of your cabin before midnight or do you have to bring it to a pre determined area for pick-up?

I have also heard that you can get your boarding passes at the dock which will save time since we have a 11:45 am flight out of San Juan PR.

Any help on this topic would be greatly appreciated!!icon7.gif

This was the best way to end our cruise this past Christmas. The day before we docked, we went to the front desk to sign up and pay for this service. We were then given our boarding passes! I don't know if it was because we were in the officers suite or from the service but we got the white tags. That night we left our luggage outside our door as normal. The next morning, we left the ship and picked up our suitcases as we usually do then walked right out the door and there was a van waiting to load our luggage. We then got into a taxi for the airport. The driver looked a little confused that we didn't have anything but it was great. We were at the Fort Lauderdale airport probably 20 minutes after we left the ship. What was also wonderful was there wasn't a scale to weigh our suitcases and all the extra things we bought on our cruise! Would positively use this service again.

I have not been to San Juan but I can tell you how it worked in Miami. About half way through the cruise you will receive a form with your compass that you have to fill out and turn in to the pursers desk. The last night of the cruise you will receive your boarding passes and the airline baggage tags. You will put your luggage out before midnite like everyone else. You will claim your luggage on the pier and take it to the airline representative. Once they take your luggage you will not see it until you arrive at your destination airport. In Miami you could not have a flight before noon to use this service.

If this procedure is different in San Juan hopefully someone will correct it.

When I used it last Thanksgiving on Hollan America it was really slick! signed up by Wednesday, they delivered boarding passes and white luggage tags. Put the bags out as usual AND NEVER SAW THEM AGAIN TILL WE ARRIVED AT BAGGAGE AT OUR HOME AIRPORT!!! It was wonderful. Really hoping that RCCL doesn't make me lug any luggage!

Really hoping that RCCL doesn't make me lug any luggage!

You have to retrieve your luggage after you go through immigration and drag it through customs. There are porters available though to do it for you.

Archived