Silvermoon II and Motion sickness?

nutella2

I have been reading the fabulous reviews about the Silvermoon experience. I just found out there is room on the S II, but before I booked I wanted to check about motion sickness. Has it been an issue for anyone?

Thanks,

Kara

Actually the Silvermoon I is totally booked for our trip. Too bad since you will be on it! I just really want to make sure this isn't going to be a recipe for disaster. My stomach can be a bit sensitive to active water motion!

Actually the Silvermoon I is totally booked for our trip. Too bad since you will be on it! I just really want to make sure this isn't going to be a recipe for disaster. My stomach can be a bit sensitive to active water motion!

Did you book this through the cruise line, or did you do it independently? if independently...is there a site to visit?

Here is the info I got :)

Thank you for your inquiry.

>>

>>We offer a 5 hour lunch cruise on board our luxury catamaran “Silver Moon”. The boat sails at 9:30am and returns to dock at 2.30pm. Two stops are made for swimming & snorkelling, one with the sea turtles. This price is US$105.00 per Adult & US$75.00 per Child (12 & under). Transportation from your Hotel or the Cruise Terminal, drinks, a delicious buffet lunch and snorkelling instruction and equipment are included. For absolute comfort we cater to maximum of 12 guests.

>>

>>A 5 hour lunch cruise on board our day charter catamaran “Silver Moon II”. The boat sails at 9.30am and returns to dock at 2.30pm. Two stops are made for swimming & snorkelling, one with the sea turtles. This price is US$87.50 per Adult & US$57.50 per Child (12 & under). Transportation from your Hotel or the Cruise Terminal, drinks, a delicious buffet lunch and snorkelling instruction and equipment are included. For comfort we cater to maximum of 24 guests.

>>

>>And, a 4 Hour dinner cruise on board the “Silver Moon II”. The boat sails at 3.00pm and returns to dock at 7.00pm. One stop is made for snorkelling with the sea turtles. This price is US$87.50 per Adult & US$57.50 per Child (12 & under). Transportation from your Hotel or the Cruise Terminal, drinks, a delicious buffet dinner, champagne at sunset and snorkelling equipment are included. For comfort we cater to maximum of 24 guests.

>>

>>A 50% deposit is required when booking. Just ask for our confirmation form, this we will send by email, fill in the required information and return to us by fax.

>>

>>Should you have any more questions please do not hesitate to contact us.

>>

>>Kind regards,

>>

>>Katrina Doughty

>>

>>

>>Ocean Adventures Inc.

>>Barbados, West Indies

>>

>>Tel: 246 438 2088

>>Fax: 246 438 3650

We just did the Silver Moon II last week with 2 other couples and absolutely loved it! I highly recommend it! If you get motion sickness would either recommend the patch or Dramamine and you should be fine. Nobody got sick on our trip.

• 3 weeks later...
I have been reading the fabulous reviews about the Silvermoon experience. I just found out there is room on the S II, but before I booked I wanted to check about motion sickness. Has it been an issue for anyone?

Thanks,

Kara

Motion sickness is definitely possible. Don't go on an empty stomach and take some bonine before if you're worried about it. You will be able to see the shore the entire way, but the up and down motion can get to some - as it did to some on our trip - but it wasn't a problem after they ate something and took something for it.

We took the Silvermoon II last March with 14 others. No-one got motion sickness that day. Although I know some of us were taking bonine for the cruise already. Silvermoon II was so good, that we are doing it again this year. We loved it.:D

• 4 months later...

Bumping up for a question for those who have done the cat tours ;)

I also get seasick easily, and of course Id take the medication for it.

How deep is the water that the cats sail, (or how far off the coast)?

Are the waves rougher like an ocean or is it more like a bay?

I know it depends on the weather but I just want to get a general feel if it is going to be a smooth or rough ride.

I really want to try a water excursion, in either Barbados or St Lucia (St Thomas? ) Anyone able to compare the islands?

Archived