What about the food?

bixy

Was the afternoon tea in the dining room on the Star? We looked around the ship a couple of afternoons and never seemed to be able to find afternoon tea.

Yep, 3.30 pm in the Dining room on Deck 4 - at least it was when we were on Star in March last year.

Have to say I was disappointed with the "traditonal P&O Afternoon tea" - seemed to me to be rock hard scones, bad coffee and the left overs from the previous day's buffet desert bar. Between my first cruise on Pacific Sky and my third on Pacific Star it appeared to get worse.

We took to going to the the Pizzeria (Pacific Sky) or the Outback Bar (Pacific Sun) or Cassablanca Bar (Pacific Star) or The Duke Piano Bar (Pacific Star) and getting a latte and a warm cookie. Ok, you had to pay for them, but they were better than the offerings in the afternoon tea.

Kym

Yep, 3.30 pm in the Dining room on Deck 4 - at least it was when we were on Star in March last year.

Have to say I was disappointed with the "traditonal P&O Afternoon tea" - seemed to me to be rock hard scones, bad coffee and the left overs from the previous day's buffet desert bar. Between my first cruise on Pacific Sky and my third on Pacific Star it appeared to get worse.

We took to going to the the Pizzeria (Pacific Sky) or the Outback Bar (Pacific Sun) or Cassablanca Bar (Pacific Star) or The Duke Piano Bar (Pacific Star) and getting a latte and a warm cookie. Ok, you had to pay for them, but they were better than the offerings in the afternoon tea.

Kym

Hi Skyrules..... the latte and the yummy cookies with macadamia nuts were heaven.

Some cruises afternoon teas were nicer than others.....maybe it was the different chefs..??? we have had the hard rock scones too.

kindest regards, Lorraine:) :)

Hi All

Just wondering if you are able to get meals all day - as in already paid for. Or just certain times and then you have to pay for outside those hours?

Also has my "countdown" appeared?

Thankyou - I love to read all the q's and a's on this forum!

Liz :D

The included (ie main dining room / buffet meals);

(times are for Pacific Star in March 2006)

6am to 7 am - Coffee, Tea & Pastries for the early birds (Lido Buffet)

7am to 10.30 am - Buffet Breakfast (Lido Buffet)

7.30am to 9.30 am - Open Sitting Breafast (Bordeaux Restaurant)

11.30am to 3.00pm Luncheon Buffet (Lido Buffet)

12pm to 2pm Hamburgers & Hot Dogs (Pizzeria, Lido Deck) - not every day

12pm to 2pm Open Sitting Lunch (Bordeaux Restaurant)

3.30pm - 4pm - Afternoon tea (Bordeaux Restaurant)

6.00pm - First Sitting Dinner

8.15pm - Second Sitting Dinner

24 hrs - Coffee/Tea/Cold Water available from the Lido Buffet

Basically the same on Pacific Sun - except there are 4 dinner sittings (2 early, 2 late in each restaurant). Only one restaurant is used for Breakfast & Lunch.

So basically during the day you can pretty much get someting "free" to eat at any time as there's only small gaps between breakfast & lunch, lunch & afternoon tea and afternoon tea & dinner.

But after dinner your only food alternative is crisps, warm cookies, etc from the bars (at cost) or Pizza's & pies from the pizzeria.

Kym

Mel, the $20 or whatever the charge is is charged to your cruisecard and it includes whatever was on the menu, on the Sky hubby and I had entree, think we had caesar salad, the best steak ever with a choice of sauces, potato in jacket, sour cream, and dessert was cheesecake. There was choice on the menu of a couple of entress, different types of steak and a couple of desserts.

It was really nice out on the back deck for a change. Didnt try it on the Sun as we enjoyed the company at dinner so much!!

Chez

And the pizza's were around $7. Very nice and great value. The "Pizzeria" on the Star is just a roped off area to one side of the centre pool area. When the Pizzeria is closed the area returns to general use.

Welcome back Ransome!!

Yes, the Pizzeria on Pacific Star is bit basic compared to it's equivalent on Pacific Sun & Pacific Sky, but it still turn's out nice pizza's, at an excellent price.

Archived