Raman Noodles - Spirit?

brennan5!

DS#2 loves, loves, loves raman noodles! He was so excited to learn that NCL has raman noodles available via room service - has anyone tried these? Are they similar to the college staple we have here? I always on hand the chicken flavored packs - the dried noodles and powdered broth......

Lisa!

The ones available from the Majesty's room service were the same as Ramen.

I think they might not have used enough hot water, though, because they were VERY salty. If you order them, ask them for a cup of tea too, then you can use the hot water from the tea to dilute them a little if needed.

I spent four years of my childhood growing up in Japan back in the 60's, well before ramen noodles made their debut here in the US. I loved osoba back then as much as I do now. My parents brought some back with us to the states when we moved back here, and they have film of my cousin and I eating it with chopsticks, holding it way above our open mouths and lowering it in! Of course, the biggest fun was to run the film backwards and watch us take it out of our mouths!!

My favorite osoba is the oriental flavor, probably since that is the flavor I grew up on.

I've always called it osoba, and my (now grown) children do too. No one knows what we are talking about.

My Japanese name is Shandon.

Shay

Archived