A couple of Q's

crz11n

Hi All,

I have a few questions I am hoping you can answer for me...

When the ship is due to arrive in port, does it generally arrive on time?

If you wanted to be out on deck to see the ship pull in to port would you say half an hour to scheduled time of arrival would be sufficient?

Also for those of you that have dined in the steakhouse on the Sun, how extensive is the menu?

Thanks!

Crz11n

Another one:

I hope this Q doesnt sound too funny ;) I mentioned to hubby that it might be a good idea for us to take along some dress up things for the theme nights... say for example you pack a toy gun in your luggage, this wouldnt warrant a bag search when your luggage is Xrayed would it? Hubby doesnt think its a good idea to pack a toy gun with security measures these days but I think to have those kind of props for the Western night would be a great idea :)

I am almost positive that the P&O documentation either says or used to say do not bring anything like toy weapons onbard. I have never seen a passenger with a toy gun at the theme nights. I wouldn't risk the hassle.

Most of our cruises have arrived on time. Not sure about what time to suggest you arrive to watch.

can answer part of your question. The ship is usually pretty much on time. They usually tell you the night before what time they are arriving so you can watch them dock unless they are just going to anchor. I actually find that more interesting when you watch them launch the tenders.

I would definitely NOT take any sort of toy guns. Not worth the hastle. Nobody on our trip dressed up for the country night. Most people only dress up for the Island night because you can buy all the grass skirts and stuff on the islands.

Can't help you with the steak house - we haven't been on an actual P&O ship for many years but I never go to the speciality restaurants when we go cruising. Mummsie

I wouldn't think they'd let you take a toy gun on board, so you're right it's probably not worth the hassle.

Also, when you're ashore in the ports if you buy a souvenir weapon, such as a wooden club or arrow, ship security will take it off you when you re-board and keep it for you to collect when you get back to Australia. I remember looking down from the observation deck as people got back on in Vila watching the bins fill up with the clubs and spears. No problem with buying them, they just don't want you running around the ship with them I guess!

Hmm, well if Kaseyoz has one then you must be able to take them. Hopefully she will see this and answer if there were any problems.

we did not have any problems. well my friend actually took them. it was part of a whole sherriff set that cost $2. I was a bit shocked when i saw them but she didnt have any problems either taking them on or off.they were plastic maybe that dosnet come up on xray.

we did take a mountain of stuff for dressup though.

Personally i wouldnt take the guns but scarves jeans and a check shirt is all you really need.

No I dont mind linking them. Glad someone is looking at them

I am always amazed at the numbers sent telling me how many people viewed them.

I have my other cruise photos from the bahamas on another site.

karon

I just wanted to add that i hope nobody was offended by my photos with the guns. they certainly were used very lightheartly. We go to a lot of trivias etc outside of cruises that we dress up for.

For anyone who may have taken offence i do apologise i really had not even given it a thought until posted today.

Honestly do you think i should take them down?

karon

I just wanted to add that i hope nobody was offended by my photos with the guns. they certainly were used very lightheartly. We go to a lot of trivias etc outside of cruises that we dress up for.

For anyone who may have taken offence i do apologise i really had not even given it a thought until posted today.

Honestly do you think i should take them down?

karon

Karon & everyone else that had replied to this thread thankyou!

I wont be taking anything onbaord that could get me in to trouble, damn hubby was right again :p

Karon I absolutely love your pics, the shots going under the bridge are amazing and I love all the cocktail pics!

Another one:

I hope this Q doesnt sound too funny ;) I mentioned to hubby that it might be a good idea for us to take along some dress up things for the theme nights... say for example you pack a toy gun in your luggage, this wouldnt warrant a bag search when your luggage is Xrayed would it? Hubby doesnt think its a good idea to pack a toy gun with security measures these days but I think to have those kind of props for the Western night would be a great idea :)

You might have trouble if you are flying to get to the cruise.

Back to one of the original questions:

"If you wanted to be out on deck to see the ship pull in to port would you say half an hour to scheduled time of arrival would be sufficient?"

It depends on the port. Noumea for example you start to experience up to an hour and a half prior to scheduled arrival as you pass through the reefs. Vila less so, but still worth viewing an hour prior. It varies. In general I'd suggest at least an hour prior for most ports.

Archived