Prices for spa - facial, massage?

bzymama

Hi everyone,

I'm a single mom going on our first cruise with 3 teen/preteen daughters.

I imagine most of the time I'm going to be doing kid things with the girls and the rest I'll be by myself. I was thinking of treating myself to a facial or massage for my alone time, but I hear it's outrageously expensive and do they really badger you to buy their products?

Does anyone know where I can see a price list for spa treatments?

We're going on Royal Caribbean Enchantment of the Seas in April

Thanks! BZ

Yes, they are outrageously expensive for the quality of the service provided IMO.

On RCI in December, I broke a nail (natural not artificial). My repair with manicure was $56.00 plus a tip.

She did ok, nothing more, and when she tried to sell me additional services and products, I told her politely but firmly I was not interested. She continued to push and I pushed back.

This has been my experience on the mass market lines and the two reasons I avoid them unless absolutely necessary.

It's lovely to have a massage or facial onboard and, unfortunately very expensive. You can figure around $100, give or take a few $$. The salon/spa I go to on land is nice and about half the price of a ship's spa.

However, since it is a treat for you, enjoy it and be aware that yes, they will try to sell you product, but you can politely refuse.

I had a very bad experience with hair on my last cruise. I made an appointment because I wanted an updo for the formal night as there were going to be some family pictures taken. The stylist barely spoke English and the style was not at all flattering - I tried to tell her that I was not happy and she apparently did not understand. Asking the manager over did not help.:eek:

She then added a hairclip that cost $50 - she did not tell me that and when I went to pay, I questioned it and took it out of my hair and handed it back to her. The manager explained that since it had been in my hair, I had bought it and there was nothing that I could do. I complained to the purser and learned that the shop is independent of the ship. When I got home, I complained to RC and to the BBB - the company that owned the salon sent me a gift certificate to use in their catalogue.... so I ended up with nothing. This was a few years ago and it was RC in the Carribean - perhaps your cruise line will do a better job...:o

I always get all of my beauty things done before I go. On the Friday before our cruise my daughter and I go to our local shop and have a spa day. We have a great time, get everything done and the cost very resonable. That includes facials, hair, nails, message, all for less than a $100.00 dollars a piece. We also get a glass of wine and travel items free for our cruise.

Archived