Time Differences

Smuncha Luncha

Actually that depends. I've seen it switched to port time on some cruises, but now that I think about it, I think those are mainly Alaskan cruises. I do remember on Alaska cruises that I changed my watch several times (going in and out of time zones).

Some people always talk about how you are better to go on indepentent tours than ones from Carnival. It sound like Indepentent tours aren't a easy to book, if no one knows what time to book. I'll stay with Carnival easy and peace of mind, and not that much more from the ones I've checked.

Any reputable and competent tour operator will know the time difference for each ship. Its part of the service they provide to keep up with the time.

Any reputable and competent tour operator will know the time difference for each ship. Its part of the service they provide to keep up with the time.

Yep, 100% correct.

Way to many people sweat this issue. Booking with independent vendors is easy and usually the better deal. Before you book do your research on the Port of Call board here and on other websites to find a tour you want and a vendor with a good reputation. When you contact the vendor ask if he is familiar with your ship and that he knows what time you will be in port. You stay on ship time and forget about island time. It is really that simple.

Archived