Qm2

refman

we`re booked on the NCL dawn this summer and cant wait but my real question is has anyone booked a 5 day cruise aboard queen mary 2. not jumping but just curious adout any experience all of you may have had, any and all feedback would be much appreciated so thanks in adance

thank you

george

we`re booked on the NCL dawn this summer and cant wait but my real question is has anyone booked a 5 day cruise aboard queen mary 2. not jumping but just curious adout any experience all of you may have had, any and all feedback would be much appreciated so thanks in adance

thank you

george

I would suggest you research the QM2 on the Cruise Critic site, itself. AND go to the Cunard site to look at what they have there. And THEN look for threads that look like they have advice. There are at least two in what I saw on my screen this morning.

That said, we LOVE the ship. My wife and our two kids went on a 24 day last June and July, booked another one for this June and July before we got off and THEN had to book an "emergency" 4 or 5 day "quickie" this January because we could not wait to get back on. You might ALSO look at QE2, since most of the people who sail on her also love HER.

Enjoy your other trip and enjoy your (soon-to-be) trip on QM2 or QE2.

The QM2 is additive. I'm booked on the same trip in June as the previous poster. Last year I spent 24 days aboard and never found time to be bored. A cruise and a crossing are very different. Crossings tend to be more formal, especially on formal nights but because you are at sea they have a lot of activities to occupy your time. The ship is gorgeous, the food is good and yes I'm certainly addicted. Please do some research and consider experiencing her at least once.

While I have not sailed on the QM2 I have done both NCL and the QE2 and I would compare the experiences as follows.

NCL = Walmart

QE2 = Tiffany's

Both offer a product that has merit but they are world's apart in ambiance and quality.

Enjoy your NCL sail and then consider Cunard but be prepared to dress up as NCL allows pretty much anything in the way of dress but Cunard requires a formal dressy atmosphere.

My first four cruises were on Cunard. I have also sailed RCCL, Premier, Carnival (ugh) and a number of HALS. As soon as a new Cunard ship was out and I was getting ready to book, I changed my plans from the Noordam inaugural (or thereabouts) from New York to last January's 12 day Panama cruise on the QM2. I met marvelous people who convinced me to book the short for day Labor day trip. I am dying to book another soon.

I also have done a little bit of Travel agenting on the side (very little) I booked a friend who insisted on the Dawn, though I tried to talk into something else more appropriate for him and his family.. He had made two payments already, a lot of money, when he called me up desperate one night. I told him, yes, I cold cancel his booking and book him on something else. <sigh> It happens that in this case it was not a Cunard ship (yet!) His reason? He got online and looked at what people had to say, believe it or not, on this and another forum type web site about the Dawn (BTW, I have booked others on her, with a repeat for their honeymoon, but it is not for everyone) He decided it was not for him.

Here is the serendipitous part. It was HE who introduce ME to this forum. And I have been hooked ever since!

Karie,

who thinks NCL is probably fine for certain people. But not her (Heck, I don't even like my rep from them! He's useless. I fear the line might be equally so.)

Hi Penny,

We agree completely! The wife and I are on board QM2 at this very moment. We are between Pago Pago and Auckland, NZ doing the Maiden WC. Great ship and a keeper.:)

By the way, we have spent copious amounts of time in the Commodore Club since we boarded in San Francisco. We have re-acquainted ourselves with the Martini in its varied dress. Your scratch marks are missing, but your spirit lingers. So will ours!:cool:

Trying to cope with all of the good living on board.;)

Kurt

Amen!!! The QM2 is absolutely addictive...and it's hard to wait for the next "fix"! Booked for Nov 10th and already counting the days....268 days :D , give or take a few minutes.

Cheers, Penny

Hi Penny,

We agree completely! The wife and I are on board QM2 at this very moment. We are between Pago Pago and Auckland, NZ doing the Maiden WC. Great ship and a keeper.:)

By the way, we have spent copious amounts of time in the Commodore Club since we boarded in San Francisco. We have re-acquainted ourselves with the Martini in its varied dress. Your scratch marks are missing, but your spirit lingers. So will ours!:cool:

Trying to cope with all of the good living on board.;)

Kurt

Hi Kurt.....Need I mention that I am green with envy? So glad to hear that you're having the time of your lives. I guess I'll just have to make deeper claw marks in Nov...I thought those suckers would be there forever!

"your spirit lingers"....What a nice thing to say. I hope it does...I love that ship! If you encounter my spirit in the CC, just buy it a ginger ale and it'll sit quietly by one of the windows in front of the bar and not bother a soul.

Enjoy, enjoy, enjoy...I see the wind chill in Bangor Maine is 19 below today with a ton of new snow....Ahhhh to be in Pago Pago in the winter! Look forward to hearing more from you. Have fun for us all and be sure to tell us about it!:D

Cheers, Penny

Penny wrote:

"your spirit lingers"....What a nice thing to say. I hope it does...I love that ship! If you encounter my spirit in the CC, just buy it a ginger ale and it'll sit quietly by one of the windows in front of the bar and not bother a soul.

Hmm, maybe the "ghost " on 6 deck is not a past passenger, but waswhen she was first encountered, a "future passenger!" Penny, Were you haunting the ship before your first trip on here? I could easily see you doing that!

Kurt,

I hope you are checking in with Randy and Mary, CC bloggers and WC cruisers! Give them our love!

I haven't spoken to anyone in Maine today, but Nashua got 13 inches yesterday, Cheshire Mass (near Pittsfield) got the same, thought other parts got about 2 feet. I didn't get so much snow as sleet, freezing rain and ICE.

It is bitterly cold right now (and windy, too!) Be glad you ar3e in Pago Pago! (Which I wish *I* was!)

Karie,

freezing in CT

[quote name=travel-to-go;9129265

Hmm' date=' maybe the "ghost " on 6 deck is not a past passenger, but waswhen she was first encountered, a "future passenger!" Penny, Were you haunting the ship before your first trip on here? I could easily see you doing that!

Karie, freezing in CT[/quote]

OK Karie...my secret is out...how did you guess?;) At least he didn't say he met my evil twin who is still on there somewhere I am sure. :rolleyes:

Cheers, Penny...who is very happy that my spirit has such good taste as to remain on the QM2

Archived