Our day in Tortola

judyf

Tortola: Thursday: 11/16/06 7::00am to 12:30pm-all aboard

This is my second time in Tortola, I wanted to do the Baths tour, we had booked the Baths tour before we left online. We decided to cancel it as Brian and Christina weren't up for it and I didn't really want to go alone, I would rather spend time with them and my GD as I don't get to see them much.

We walked off the ship at about 7:30-8:00am and got a tour for $20 pp for the three adults and he only charged us $5 for Bianca. Becky and Jamie did the same thing at a cost of $15 pp, so check around. We still think we got a good tour for the price. We had Santa as our guide and he was good.

We went to a few look out points, saw the paintings on the wall, went trough town, went to Cane Garden Beach and we had an one hour to swim. We didn't really want to go swimming at this port, it was such a short visit so we didn't even bring our suits. We got a drink and Bianca and I relaxed in the hammock as Christina and Brian had some quite time at a table in the restaurant. It was called Stanley's, I remember that because a couple from our ship asked me to take their picture by the sign as that was his last name. It was a nice spot with rest rooms available for customers. We enjoyed our hour there.

After the beach we were going to go to the rum factory but there was a truck broke down and the road was blocked so we had to return the same way we came but Santa made up for it by driving us through the town. Tortola roads are quite the adventure, it was an up & down hill ride all the way. It's a nice ride with great views.

We did a ship tour similar to this last visit but we paid about twice as much. We went to Brewers Bay Beach I think it was called. Both beaches are nice you can't go wrong with either one if you're looking for a beach day.

Here's a link to our Tortola:

http://family.webshots.com/album/556086097njNyAx

Archived