Do I Have to Book Far in Advance to Get 2nd Seating Dining???

Golfette

I am potential 1st timer on HAL. We like to eat dinner later 7 - 8 p.m. In reading this Board, it seems that it is difficult to get traditional dining at any time, much less the second seating. Do I have to book far in advance to get 2nd seating traditional? Tried "As You Wish" Dining on Princess - didn't work & we don't want to do it again. Also, I've seen posts on 5:30 & 6:30 dining on HAL, but nothing about later seatings. Do they have later seatings on traditional? Thanks for any help you can provide.

It depends on whether or not the ship your on is doing the "as you wish" dining experiment when you're onboard. Only certain ships have that right now--obviously, if that's not going on, getting an assigned time is inevitable.

It used to be that the late seatig was the first to fill. This has, for the most part, completely changed and it's first seating that's tight. Of course a group on your cruise could swing it either way. But more than likely, HAL will be delighted to accommodate you at late seating.

Archived