Soda card on Hal

cruiseprincess0708

• 2 weeks later...
Same price for kids and adults... 7 day is $26.75. Just go to the front desk when you board and get one [img]http://messages.cruisecritic.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] easy !

*** Jodie ***
"is it happy hour yet ?"

• 3 years later...
I was surprised to find the "soda card" as an option on my cruise. It seems like a scam to me; yes, I save 15% or so on soda, but only if I actually buy the entire amount on the card. I felt they were trying to nickel-and-dime me.

Fortunately, I prefer iced tea, and that was available at all meals for no charge.

What is HAL's motivation here?

[quote name='wayupstate']I was surprised to find the "soda card" as an option on my cruise. It seems like a scam to me; yes, I save 15% or so on soda, but only if I actually buy the entire amount on the card. I felt they were trying to nickel-and-dime me.

Fortunately, I prefer iced tea, and that was available at all meals for no charge.

What is HAL's motivation here?[/quote]
Don't know the motivation ... but if I recall correctly, a couple of years ago, HAL sold unlimited beverage cards at a price significantly higher than those now sold onboard. So, guessing passengers may have complained that it wasn't a good value and HAL changed the soda card thing. We also enjoy water and ice tea and avoid carbonated beverages (except beer!) at sea.

Archived