Just back from the Inspiration 2/8 till 2/12

atgatari

I am looking right now at the Inspiration for me, my husband, and 13 yr old boy at the end of March. This will be our first cruise. Do you recommend this one being our first? Any pros? Any cons? right off hand?

Thanks.

Debbie

Debbie,

This would be a great cruise to get your first taste of cruising. I would recommend going for the 5 day if possible. This way you can really get used to the ships layout try everything and get to go to Grand Cayman. Stingray city would be great for the 13yr old. Review to follow soon.

Andy

I'm so excited to hear all about it! My husband and I are also going on our first cruise on April 9th. I'm a little worried about going during Spring Break. I love kids but I spend all day long with them. (I teach 2nd grade.) I can't wait to hear all about your crusie! Here are a few questions:

*How was the pool? Are there lots of chairs?

*Did you enjoy the food? What time did you eat?

*What ports did you stop at? What did you do when you were there?

Going on the Inspiration on 3/31. Just wondering just how formal most guests are dressed on the formal nights. Can a woman wear a skirt and top with sandals?

Hey we will be on the same cruise!!!!! If you want to eat in the dinning room on formal nights, they strongly recommend a formal dress. Skirts and top will not really do it...although I have seen a few people eat on formal nights in the dinning room without dressing up on a few of my cruises.

I'm so excited to hear all about it! My husband and I are also going on our first cruise on April 9th. I'm a little worried about going during Spring Break. I love kids but I spend all day long with them. (I teach 2nd grade.) I can't wait to hear all about your crusie! Here are a few questions:

*How was the pool? Are there lots of chairs?

*Did you enjoy the food? What time did you eat?

*What ports did you stop at? What did you do when you were there?

Beachteach,

The pool water was on the cool side. Kids didn't seem to mind but not too many adults were in it. The hot tubs were not that hot more luke warm. On sea days deck chairs were a little sparse. Unfortunately the weather on our cruise did not cooperate. We had one full day of sun but not that hot. Overcast, damp, windy and cool for 2nd sea day.

We had late seating (8:30). Probably too late for me...we originally requested 8:00. The food was ok. Not bad not great. At times they had trouble getting things to you hot or cooked the way you wanted it. Drink service was slow.

We went to Cuzomel-Paradise beach (rained) and shopping later (Sun came out for this).

Hope this helps. Have a good cruise!!!

Andy

Archived