Cameron Reid - Scenic Barbados Tours - Excellent and Affordable

Lady Anna & Sir Troy

I planned a trip of six with Cameron Reid on Barbados and had an excellent time! We paid $30 pp not including entrance fees or drinks. Cameron will take you anywhere you want to go for about 3 - 4 hours.

Cameron had a seperate driver and talked on a mike while we went past numerous scenic views. We choose to head up to the North Coast which was a bit of a drive, but he kept us entertained and informed. He got us started promptly, meeting us on time and at the location he said he would be at.

Our first stop was at the North Point/Animal Flower Cave. Wow! This was our favorite site in Dominica. From the top above the cave and to the right were scenic views of the cliffs and shoreline with the waves crashing and making really neat waterfalls as they pulled back. There was a lot of benches under shaded areas so people could sit and watch for awhile.

The rest of our group was very patient as my dh and I went into the cave to explore. The cave is very open and you can see the Ocean from about 30 feet above and the same shoreline/wave crashing as described above. I recommend water shoes as most of the cave is pocketed with wet areas. At one point there is a swimming spot that is 80 feet deep. We swam in there to a bridge that seperates this spot from a tide pool opening and just watched the waves crash into that area. One of the neatest things I have ever done.

The rest of our stops were about 10 - 20 minutes each - Cherry Tree Hill (another gorgeous view), the Windmill, Bathsheba (large boulders on beach and fun green monkey to play with), and a couple of other stops.

If you decide to do the north shore, I recommend hitting Andromeda Garden by Bathsheban or the Flower Forest so you break your trip up into short/long stops. If you want to visit the Animal Flower Cave - give yourself an extra 1/2 hour.

I highly recommend Cameron! You can reach him at www.ScenicBarbados.com , admin@scenicbarbados.com , or 246-424-8740.

Lady Anna

I had a private tour with Cameron Reid last Thursday when I arrived in Barbados... he met me at the pier and gave me a wonderful tour of the island. I didn't want to do any sightseeing so he drove slowly and talked about the history of the island, present economic situation, cultural issues and much more and it was relaxing and stimulating at the same time and exactly what I wanted. We stopped for lunch at The Round House near Bathsheba and sat out on the terrace, it was an idyllic spot and one I'd love to return to. Then on to the airport to catch my flight... I was honestly sorry to leave as it had been such a great experience. I'd never before had any interest in visiting Barbados, but thanks to him I'm looking forward to returning again.

His prices have gone up because he quoted my family of 3, $125.00 for a 3-4 4 hr tour plus admissions.

When we used Cameron in Nov. 2005 he quoted me a price in June..... he was then VERY UPFRONT as he told me that due to fluctuating gas prices (they are VERY VERY HIGH IN THE CARIBBEAN - $ 4.50+) the price could change. It did not in our case and even though our tour lasted an hour longer than originally planned he did not charge us extra.

Cameron is a first class tour operator. He loves his island and it shows.

PS $ 125.00 divided by 3 = $ 41.66 per person for 4 hrs FOR A PRIVATE TOUR.

We had a wonderful tour with Cameron Reid last October. I think at the time it cost us $40 each and there were four of us. I know it was not expensive and he showed us so much of his island plus we had a private tour. We saw the buses from the ship and were so glad we were not one of the 40+ and having to wait on someone being late back etc.

We opted not to have lunch and so we were back in Barbados around 1.30pm. We met him at 9am. It was a great day and we highly recommend him.

Jennie

Archived