Just booked AB on Star

trvlqueen

I'm soooo excited! I just booked for the Star December 2 in cat AB. Have not booked a penthouse before ... any advice on how to get the best for my money out of that category. I understand butler and concierge services are available with that cabin, but wouldn't have a clue how to use them ... my ta wasn't quite sure either, so I'm turning to the experts!:) It's my 40th birthday cruise and so we're spoiling ourselves!

You are in for a true delight! We have an AB coming up on the Jewel for Christmas and I can't wait!

Here is a link to what your cabin will be like that another CC member posted for me-

http://www.orcatekweb.com/Cabin-11550.htm

We had a butler and concierge last Christmas on the Sun so I can tell you how it worked then. When we got to the terminal we went to a special comfy lounge to sit in to wait, there was juice and pastries and little sandwiches, coffe and water. The conceirge came in and spoke with us, she took my dining reservations right then. Another woman checked us in and gave us our key cards. When it was time we bypassed all the lines and went directly to the ship through a different door.

A bottle of champagne was waiting for us in the cabin already. The concierge checked on us daily, made sure we got priority tender tickets etc. We also had priority disembarkation. The butler brought us a snack each day around 4pm and we ordered breakfast in one morning. He will bring you dinner or whatever you want. We just did not end up using him much but I am sure he would be happy to comply with any reasonable request. I know he will go get you dvd's and such.

Thank you so much for the info! We can't wait to get on board (only 9 more months;) )! Sounds like you get to avoid a lot of lines along with the extra space. And thanks for the link! The cabin looks gorgeous!

Use my link in my signature to see pictures of an AB on the Star. Also, use the following link to my review of the AB. You will love it and become totally spoiled.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=221079

Archived