This may help get Princess e-mails and mailings.

BJS

This may help others get e-mails and mailings. Hope so!

After multiple calls, hundreds of clicks on-line for last minute offers, and going to the Circle Rep onboard several times FINALLY got someone who actually got it accomplished last month.

I called the Captain's Circle and explained the situation. She put me on hold for about 5 minutes and returned saying it was all taken care of. Apparently at one time an e-mail had been returned and they put a permanent block on our account which would not allow any e-mails to be generated to us. She contacted Tech Support who removed the block. I'd been told in the past when I called that if you have a cruise booked they don't send you any e-mails and she asked about that and came back saying "doesn't matter how many cruises you have booked you still will get e-mails". It took about two weeks to get the system to send them but now have gotten several including the Captain's Circle on-line news letter with the onboard credit offer (late Tuesday afternoon).

Several years ago wasn't getting any mailings from Princess. Had not sailed in one year with Princess. I called and was told their mailings are selective. If you haven't sailed with them in a while you will get very little. She marked my account to send everything and it seemed to work.

I just called the CC desk and she checked and dound my account was noted not to receive e mail?? I have received it in the past - don't know who blocked it.

Thanks for the tip

13 cruises and two open bookings should count for something!!

BJS...

Thanks.. I called and asked why I wasn't receiving emails and my wife was??? My account was noted not to receive emails. Don't know why it was blocked.. I didn't do it.

It could be your ISP blocking what it considers to be SPAM. I send out a weekly online newsletter and know all about how hard it can be to get email to someone who requested it when a server thinks it's SPAM. A message would be returned, giving a certain error code and if this system is automated, it will just go ahead and update that record as a hard bounce.

Pea.. That could be one of the problems, however I do not think that caused my problem. My wife and I share the same ISP.. Our computers are linked via wireless and a router. Her email is a sub-account to mine. She was receiving all of the Princess email stuff..

Pea.. That could be one of the problems, however I do not think that caused my problem. My wife and I share the same ISP.. Our computers are linked via wireless and a router. Her email is a sub-account to mine. She was receiving all of the Princess email stuff..
Probably not the case with your email then! :)

Sometimes, it will also depend on the content of the email...one wrong word and it can be sent to SPAM heaven. With my newsletter, I retain control, so it isn't automated. Only if something bounces back multiple times in a row do I mark it as a bounce so we don't mail anymore.

In our case we did not have any SPAM blocking either. They have just started with the option of having it sent to a folder in your Inbox should you want to still receive what they might consider spam.

I inquired of Princess last week after a discussion here regarding the Capt. Circle magazine. The response was "you were listed as no emails or mail" . I imagine it could have been the VERY first time I logged onto Princess, way before I was ready to cruise and just wanted to be anonymous. That just stayed in even after I actually logged in with a password. Nevertheless, they sent the Spring copy of the magazine and I had it the second day. Great service, now we will see if the change will stay in place so I can receive the Summer (?) copy.

Archived