Turquoise Cabana

Sheshefran

We have the turquoise cabana booked for next week. Iwas wondering if all of the treasure has been found, and if you get a special tender to the island if you have booked a cabana or is that only if you get a buter as welll?

Hi there, Sheshefran:

Can't tell you about the treasure, someone else will have to answer that, although to be on vacation on a white sand beach surrounded by crystal clear water makes me feel like I've found the pot of gold at the foot of the rainbow........:) And everyone shares the same tender from the ship to the island, whether you have a cabana, a butler, a clamshell, or just your own two feet and a sun hat.:)

Enjoy your turquoise cabana!

We buried our treasure on the Friday, the 9th. We didn't find the other treasure, but I am not sure hubby was digging in the right spot. Here's the "official" thread. Look at the picture that shonuf posted (actually, I think someone posted it for her, a bit down from her post). If you look at the butler, you can see where he's burying their treasure. Ours is buried about where his left foot is. It's right next to the third post (which is right below where the porch ends and the cabana part begins. If you stand facing the cabana (your back will be to the water), the treasures are buried on the left side of the cabana.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=348301

Here's the picture of shonuf's butler burying the "treasure."

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a301/Ziggysmoney/HMC/Butler-HMC1.gif

I booked the cabana early, and the butler when we got on the ship. On Saturday when we first entered our cabin, there was a bright pink envelope with our cabana information.

Inside was a letter asking that we select beverages for the day. I believe it said that we were allowed a water (maybe two each), and we were to choose the other soda beverages we wanted. I think we were allowed 2 each, if I am remembering correctly. They also wanted to know what shoe sizes you wear (for the snorkeling things). This form needed to be turned in by Monday evening, I believe.

There's also a tender ticket. This will allow you to go directly to the tender area. I believe everyone else goes has to get a ticket (even if they are on an excursion). They will make an announcement when you can go to the tender area, but it seems like it was around 8:00 or so. We had our butler meet us in our cabin at 9:00, so we just walked down to the tender area and jumped on a tender. There was no line.

Once you get off the tender (and it's the same one that everyone uses-a big double-decker one), then you enter under this arch structure. The tram area for the cabanas is off to your left. Our butler took care of all this, so I didn't really pay much attention, but I did see him hand her a ticket, and then we went and got in line (a really short one) for the tram.

If there are two of you using the cabana, order food and drinks for four. Someone suggested this and we did do this, but since we ended up with a butler, it didn't really matter. We also skipped breakfast since we had chips, fruit and dip in the cabana.

As middle-aged mom said, it's beautiful there. In fact, it was our favorite stop on the cruise.

We enjoyed our butler, but with or without one, it's an amazing place. In fact, we were stuffed by the time we finished the appetizer that the butler brought.

Have a wonderful time in the cabana, and you'll have to let us know if you found both the treasures! :)

Archived