Question about automatic upgrades when booking

michelle319

I'm a little confused about something (doesn't take much, I'm having a blonde moment:)) I've been checking our TA's online site to see if prices have dropped for our cruise next month. Talked to them about shipboard credit if the price dropped below what we paid and they said this could be done.

Anyhow, here's my question. We booked an 8A specific cabin. For the last few weeks, 8A's were getting an automatic upgrade to an 8B. OK, I understand that they're trying to sell the cheaper cabins and fill up the higher levels. Well today I checked again and if you book an 8A, you automatically get an 8E. Actually, any category 8 goes right to an 8E. Does this mean I have no shot at prices dropping?? I'm perfectly happy with the price we paid, don't get me wrong and we want the cabin we booked, but what exactly does it mean when they are booking ALL balcony rooms to an automatic upgrade to the Panorama deck?

Thanks for the help!

Michelle, the upgrades may very well be for new bookings only as it may be a light sailing. When they say that you book an 8A and get an 8E it means that if an 8E is available, they offer cabins on that deck. If not, then a cabin in an 8D is offered and so on.

If I were you I would call my TA or PVP & ask if your 8A can be upgraded to the 8E. I have seen on these boards where those kind of upgrades have happened.

Even tho' you won't get a credit, you will get an upgrade, better than nothing.

You want an 8A? We had an 8A on the Conquest and found it very noisy from the floor below. From that time on I try to get a cabin that has cabins above and below.

sls

sls, we wanted the L-shaped cabins that are side-by-side, aft. I have no issues being above the Ebony Cabaret being that we are night owls and don't plan on being in the cabin until the wee hours of the morning:). Sorry to hear you had noise issues on your trip. I guess we all live and learn.

Archived