difference between pride spirit and legend

lorneross

Lorneross:

The Pride and the Legend are virtually identical. Only the names have been changed for some of the public rooms (to protect the innocent! :D ).

I haven't sailed on Silverseas, but can compare to the RSSC Voyager: think "smaller" and more personal. The service and ambiance is just so much better on the smaller ships, and the crew makes you feel truly "at home". You're gonna love it! :)

Paul

Pride and Spirit have two sinks in Suite bathrooms; Legend has a single sink. One of the ships (Legend?) has restrooms near the main Restaurant entrance; the others do not.

Differences are minor and few notice but questions may arise on the last day of Team Trivia. As for myself, put me on any of the three and I'll be very happy!

Winnie

i heard that the legand was not built orginally as a seabourn ship but was a royal viking ship for a while is this true? from lorneross

Seabourn had the Pride and Spirit built with an option for a third ship. Seabourn was having some financial difficulties at the time so Royal Viking Line (RVL) bought the option on the third Seabourn sister ship. Then Seabourn President, Warren Titus was also the President of RVL until he left to head Seabourn. RVL put in $50 million dollars to upgrade the newbuilding to the latest technology of the day, make some architectural changes to the ship interiors and added the stainless steel pipes that adorn the superstructure on Decks 5 and 6. As you originally posted, you will need a magnifying glass to sort out the minor cabin configuration differences.

Hence, the ship debuted to revenue service as the Royal Viking Queen. When Gulf War I started and oil prices went up, coupled with NCL (RVL's parent company) incorrect, IMHO, assessment that RVL was too "old foagy" led to the demise of RVL. Boo-hoo :mad: The ship was transferred to another NCL line, Royal Cruise Line (RCL) where she sailed as the Queen Odyssey for 1 to 2 years maximum. When RCL went belly up, the Queen Odyssey came back home to Seabourn as the Seabourn Legend.

Lorneross,

I have not sailed on the Royal Viking Queen but have sailed on all other RVL ships. Once each on the RV Star and RV Sky; twice on the RV Sea and three times on the RV Sun (last 2 Sun cruises were under the Cunard house flag). IMHO, back in the 70’s and 80’s, RVL offered the finest cruising experience afloat. Beautiful, impeccably maintained ships, fantastic globe-trotting itineraries, excellent service and when the menu called for broiled Maine lobster or prime Kansas City beef, it was flown to the ship no matter where in the world the ships were, made RVL the true luxury line it once was.

Seabourn, however is the closest thing to the RVL experience but scaled down to a 208 passenger yacht because Warren Titus, longtime president and Chairman of RVL came over to Seabourn after leaving RVL so that Scandinavian tradition continues on Seabourn. Other upscale lines focus on the hardware or the ships themselves. Seabourn, on the other hand, with its all-inclusive tariff and with the exception of the Owners and classis suites, the egalitarian design philosophy of the passenger suites creates an exclusive but easy going county club at sea environment. Hence, Seabourn focuses on individualized service and this is one of many Seabourn hallmarks. With like-minded passengers who enjoy the cruising experience, finding an interesting person to talk to is very easy and passengers form deep-rooted friendships, bond with the crew and become friends with the officers. This coupled with excellent service provides the impetus for the family-like atmosphere onboard,

The wait staff and crew are the finest at sea IMHO. Once they learn your preferences, your needs will be anticipated for you. The high rate of repeaters onboard each cruise is because of the family like atmosphere onboard and we all have a grand time together. This is what you can expect on your cruise on the Pride or any other Seabourn Yacht. Some may disagree with what I have said above, but what I wrote is has been my experience since my first Seabourn cruise.

In conclusion, I feel your overall cruise experience on Seabourn will be better than what you may have previously experienced on RVL. Make no mistake, I loved RVL but the service provided on Seabourn sets it way above the rest.

Bon Voyage!

. The high rate of repeaters onboard each cruise is because of the family like atmosphere onboard and we all have a grand time together. This is what you can expect on your cruise on the Pride or any other Seabourn Yacht. Some may disagree with what I have said above, but what I wrote is has been my experience since my first Seabourn cruise.

lorneross

What PeaSea8ch says is what I found on my first and only Seabourn cruise so far:)...

A repeat of one of my fondest Seabourn cruise stories. Down in St. Vincent the tour I was on included a boat ride. But the tour company changed where we were to get on the boat to a very rocky beach. The skipper had a strange rule no sneakers on his ship BUT you could wear water shoes. :confused: I was having problems walking on the beach to the water in my bare feet and one of the other passengers came over to me and said he had no problems walking with his water shoes and did I want him to carry my camera things out to the boat thru the surf. I sure did. You become part of a large family.

Likewise I have been on 17 or so cruises but only did "tea time" a couple times. But I am looking forward to "tea time" on my Legend cruise. As a single cruiser (who does not really drink that much) I enjoyed going into the lounge at tea time and joining a group for good conversion. :)

LOL having said that, there is one exception. All "bonds" are broken and it is every team for itself during "Team Trivia" :D

Although all three triplets are almost identical, the Legend is several years newer and in my humble opinion was better built than the other two. Thus, I prefer slightly the Legend. Nevertheless, you can't really go wrong with any one of the three.

how are the beds? do they sag? from lorneross

All my Seabourn cruises to date have been on the Legend. I find the beds very comfortable and sleep well in them. They do not sag.

A couple of years ago, Seabourn upgraded the bed linens to fine Egyptian cotton - I can't remember the thread count if you are into textiles. I love the Scandinavian comforter as it keeps me "snug as a bug in a rug" and the pillows are just the right firmness for me. I would advise setting your suite thermostat to the minimum temperature several minutes before retiring (to cool the suite down a bit) - otherwise you may be too hot with the comforter over you. Then return the thermostat to the "regular" setting when you get up in the morning.

If the comforter does not work out for you, your suite stewardess will be happy to exchange it for a normal blanket and a thermostat adjustment for sleeping may not be required.

Sweet Dreams!

Hope they took the eggs out of the crates first lorneross from GrannyLorr :D

As RSSC is my second favorite line, it is sad to say true about the seven seas navigator :( RSSC like a lot of lines wants to replace soft goods all at once. There was a lot of posts over on the RSSC forum about the beds on the navigator at one time.

Did not see anything on the Pride that needed "maintenance" :)

Archived