Can you help my husband with clothing choices?

medcruiseplanner

whm,

Celebrity's website and brochure both clearly state what is considered "informal". Read it, accept it, and get on with life. Why ruin the experience by trying to change things?

Unfortunately, the dress standards published on Celebrity's web site and Celebrity's current brochures do not agree on this.

On the web site: "On informal nights, men are requested to wear a jacket, shirt and tie...[/url]

On Page 104 of the present Europe brochure: "Informal: Men: Jacket and slacks...

Note that the latter makes no mention of a necktie.

Norm.

Hi Shofer,

When you rented the tux, was it for the entire cruise for $85 or is there a per day charge? If for the whole cruise, that sounds like a very cost effective alternative. Thanks for the insights.

I rented my tux for the first 5 cruises from Cruiseline Formal Wear

http://www.cruiselineformal.com/ and it was always quite acceptable. How you do it is have your husband go to a local formal wear outlet in your area and ask for a Courtesy Measurement (they all do it and will give you a card with the info). Then go on line to the above link and you can order on line. I used to rent the shoes, too, so it cost a bit more ($100). It will be in your cabin the day you board (or shortly thereafter) and it will be picked up after the last formal night.

After the 5th cruise, I went out and bought a tux with 2 shirts, shoes accesories, etc. for about $500 and have used it on 7 cruises, so it was a good buy.

Personally, I wear the tux on formal nights, a dark suit and tie on informal nights.

Howdy--

We both rented tuxes last year on the Constellation T/A. We travel as "non-revs" on the airlines and it's really important for us to keep luggage to a minimum. This was a great solution! I even rented the shoes. The tuxedos were hanging in the closet when we boarded. One suggestion: Try everything on right away! We had to exchange a couple of items.

Last year "informal" for men meant a sports coat AND tie. There is a great piece of art onboard that looks like the tie department at Nordstrom. Many people had their picture taken with it before going in to dinner. The dress code in the specialty restaurants is always at least "informal". Never casual and that's how it should be. It's a great dining experience and worth dressing for.

Frank in cloudy SBA:cool:

Archived