Need some help here...

raingage

Hello;

I'm going on the Grand Princess on the 17th of March, my fiance and I are getting married in Galveston before we sail away. We will have a group of about 15 persons on the cruise with us, all others will be on the ship only for the wedding. We are going to Costa Maya, Roatan, Belize and Cozumel. I have been to all ports except Costa Maya on previous trips. I need a little help for myself and my companions. Typically it would be only my finance and I and we could get out on our own with little worries. I'm not sure everyone would even go with us on any excursions, although I probably need to be prepared for the entire group attending. I have posted this message on each one of the ports boards, please let me know what you think we should do with a larger group. I'm considering going on ship excursions, although I can't remember the last time I've been on a formal excursion. We have been on several cruises in the last year and as I said it's just been the two of us.

Costa Maya: We are considering just going into town and having lunch and some drinks by the beach? I haven't been here before so I'm not real sure on this one

Roatan: I have done the island tour and been to the West End many times, any excursions or independent tours that you can suggest?

Belize: This is a hard one, I have only been here once and I toured the city and had a couple beers and some food at the pier? I would love to go to one of the Caye's or on a boat of some kind? Help....

Cozumel: Don't really need any help on this one. My in-laws are golfing and my fiance and I traditionally rent a jeep and go around the island.

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance.

Randy

I did the same trip on the Grand last month and I can definitely say that if I were to to do it again. in Costa Maya I would do just exactly what you described. The Chachobben ruins were kind of boring to me (temples much smaller than other mayan ruins I've seen), so i would not recommend that. Staying in town would have been better. In Roatan avoid beaches were sand flea infested, avoid them, people on the boards rave about cave tubing there. Belize has a nice little town, we were happy to just walk around there and shop, have a drink, take it easy.

I have been thinking about using Victor Bodden as transportation, going to the iguana farm, over look, butterfly garden, half moon bay for lunch and may be a beach. I used Victor a couple of years ago, actualy it was a relative of his. I thought it was fine, any feed back would be appreciated. How about beaches (with out fleas)?

Thanks Again

Randy

We used Boddentours while in Roatan and were very pleased. Victor and the other drivers were knowledgeable and took great care of our 37+ group. We did the Iguana Farm, Fantasy Island, beach, zipping, snorkeling and lunch on the beach. The day was flawless and Victor came through on all agreed item. I highly recommend Boddentours.

David.....You have the same contact info that i have. Victor is typically very good about responding via email. We had 3 van and a car in our tour. Victor separated us according to what we wanted to do.....most of us did the city tour, which included Fantacy Island, Iguana Farm, beach, shipwreck, lunch. He also arranged snorkeling and zip line for those interested in the group. We ate lunch right on the beach...The day was perfect, except that the rain moved in, which made it difficult for those that were snorkeling....

If I were you, I would DEFINITELY spend the day in Roatan at the Sante Wellness Center. They only take 4-6 people per day so it's not something your whole crew can do together but it would be a wonderful way for you and your husband to spend some of your honeymoon by yourselves. It's a day spa run by a couple from California out of their home. Their prices are very reasonable and my husband and I loved our outdoor massages by the ocean. The lunch was great and we spent the rest of the day relaxing in hammocks, by the plunge pool, etc.

It was really a wonderful day!

Archived