Help! St Thomas excursion with Celebrity?

jmd2189

We are leaving in a week and a half to go on the Eastern Caribbean with Millenium Celebrity - one of our stops is St. Thomas. We were perhaps interested in the St. Johns 1/2 day champagne cat sail... the only thing is in the details it does not say where on the island we would stop and for how long. I just want to make sure that we wouldn't be on board the catamaran most of the time. If anyone was on this excursion can they provide more details? or offer advice on a similar excursion they did (even private ones)

I also would not mind advice/details on the St. Johns Beach Tour excursion as well - that is another one that interests me. Please let me know - as I want to decide and book something soon... Thanks!

We took the 1/2 day sail at the beginning of February. It was wonderful. You don't dock on St. Johns but go to a place (National Park) to snorkel or walk on the beach. I don't swim so I stayed on board. It didn't matter though, as you can see to the bottom, the water is so clean and clear. The fish swim right up to the hull of the boat. You will love it...

St. Johns 1/2 day champagne cat sail...

We did the same excursion and loved it. The beach on St. John's was very private & we got to swim for over an hr. The boat had to anchor off shore & you swam to the beach. Was like being on a deserted island & very pretty. One of my favorite excursions. You felt like Tom Hanks in Castaway it was so deserted. I would definitely do it again.

When I read your post about Pat's day sail it brought back such great memories! We were with her two years ago and it was the best day of our cruise! We are planning a Feb,2008 ultimate caribbean cruise and I already checked her web site to make sure she was still in business. Will definitely book with her again!

We also did the champagne cat and had a great time.They give you snorkle gear so you can swim or float to the beach.There is a dingy that is used for towels or bags and for anyone that doesn't want to swim.The party starts on the trip back from St John's.It was a fun day.

When I read your post about Pat's day sail it brought back such great memories! We were with her two years ago and it was the best day of our cruise! We are planning a Feb,2008 ultimate caribbean cruise and I already checked her web site to make sure she was still in business. Will definitely book with her again!

You will have a great time, the Rum Punch is the best and her cooking is fantastic, When we go back to St Thomas we will go again, the best thing is that she tailors the trip to suite the pax, and her assistant Ray knew so much about the Islands and Sea Life,

we swam with Turtles and Rays in thier natural enviroment it was the best excursion I have ever taken.

Here is the private excursion you *must* do!!!

http://www.sailwinifred.com/

A private daysail, with lunch and fabulous snorkeling! One of the crew members snorkels with you, to point out interesting fish and marine life you would otherwise miss. Hands down, one of the best experiences of my life. The daysail is limited to 6 people, so they truly make you feel like royalty.

My husband got this for me as a wedding present... it was FANTASTIC!!! ;)

Here is the private excursion you *must* do!!!

http://www.sailwinifred.com/

A private daysail, with lunch and fabulous snorkeling! One of the crew members snorkels with you, to point out interesting fish and marine life you would otherwise miss. Hands down, one of the best experiences of my life. The daysail is limited to 6 people, so they truly make you feel like royalty.

My husband got this for me as a wedding present... it was FANTASTIC!!! ;)

We haven't tried this yet but have it booked for a future cruise stop in St. Thomas. We've recently heard these St Thomas Virgin Island Day sails are fantastic. There are a handfull of boat operators running similar excursions from Red Hook, and are familiar with cruise passenger time frames. I'd do a search for both the Winifred and St. Thomas day sails.

Archived